DEAL Mirror LED Inserts

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Def a cool product...but i gotta ask...how difficult is it to retrofit the turn signals into the mirrors? Or could i just buy some used ones with the turn signals in them and they will be plug and play?

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
Darkrider_LS said:
Def a cool product...but i gotta ask...how difficult is it to retrofit the turn signals into the mirrors? Or could i just buy some used ones with the turn signals in them and they will be plug and play?
It can be done, if you have the patience to thread a small pair of wires through the mirror and run them with the mirror control wires. I did this on my first set, then when I found a set with signals, I swapped them out & I put the original set on my Wife's TB. Plug and play if prewired....yes

jeffro312 said:
Will this be same process for a 04 rainier? I have lights there currently
Yes, they are plug and play, no hyperflash and no resistors required, just pull the OEM bulb & reflector and install the LED Insert.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I will be interested later this year, need to pay off some bills and I have about 6 payments left on the truck. I also need to get the upgraded mirrors or mod mine. These do look pretty freaking sweet, would go nice with the rest of my LED lighting.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
blazinlow89 said:
I will be interested later this year, need to pay off some bills and I have about 6 payments left on the truck. I also need to get the power folding mirrors and mod mine. These do look pretty freaking sweet, would go nice with the rest of my LED lighting.

Fixed!! :thumbsup:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Blckshdw said:

Lol, well after I pay the truck off, and the wedding next May, everything will be fair game. First will be to find a chap beater. Then its maintenance as I have been a bad owner lately, then lift an whatever else I can whip up.

These will be bought and sit on shelf until I can get to that point.

mrphoenix80

Jan 1, 2013
Darkrider_LS said:

I got mine on ebay @ $117 shipped for both and they had the clear lenses and heated glass. The quality is a bit lower than OEM but they are ok. And they where plug and play.. Even at cost+10% the lenses alone cost more so I went this way.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
TXBlazer said:
I have 2 sets of White LED's and 11 sets of Amber LED's, just finished them up last night!!

Pricing is $55, shipped in the US. I've shipped to Canada, that adds $10, To Europe add $30.

Do you happen to have a pair of amber LEDs still available?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Thanks Chris! Just received the inserts today and installed them. I am very impressed with the light output as well as your craftsmanship and attention to detail! Great custom product, highly recommended! :thumbsup:

silverunicorn

Dec 4, 2011
Just a quick bump here.

I don't have the LED inserts from TX Blazer. BUT....I have the dual taillight mod. He did that for me over 5 years ago, and it STILL works like a champ.

He does quality work and you should have nothing but confidence when dealing with him!

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Any more info on the dual taillight mod?

silverunicorn

Dec 4, 2011
Darkrider_LS said:
Any more info on the dual taillight mod?

I had TXBlazer make them when we were on the "old site". Basically it makes all 4 bulbs be on when the parking lights are on. Brake lights and turn signals still function normally. Not sure if he is still making them or not. Here's a video:

[video=youtube;bivdJrzsvXI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bivdJrzsvXI[/video]

It also makes the reverse lights use both filaments in the bulb, and not just one.

Chris

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
silverunicorn said:
I had TXBlazer make them when we were on the "old site". Basically it makes all 4 bulbs be on when the parking lights are on. Brake lights and turn signals still function normally. Not sure if he is still making them or not. Here's a video:

[video=youtube;bivdJrzsvXI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bivdJrzsvXI[/video]

It also makes the reverse lights use both filaments in the bulb, and not just one.

Chris

Nice! So basically it makes full use of all the available lights to increase visibility?

silverunicorn

Dec 4, 2011
Darkrider_LS said:
Nice! So basically it makes full use of all the available lights to increase visibility?

Correct. And it makes other TB owners wonder why their truck isn't as cool, LOL

Actually, most people probably won't notice, as it seems completely factory (and in my opinion, this is how it SHOULD have been from the factory).

Only people that really know cars will know you had something modified. And once in a while, they will ask about it. Still happens to be every so often.

Chris

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I've had Chris's LED mirror inserts for a little under a year now and they're still holding up great. They look as good as the day that I installed them. Highly recommended!:thumbsup:

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
MAY03LT said:
I've had Chris's LED mirror inserts for a little under a year now and they're still holding up great. They look as good as the day that I installed them. Highly recommended!:thumbsup:

Thanks Boss Man!! You're YouTube Video is getting me a ton of Emails!!

1 set of Red, 5 sets of Amber, 3 sets of White & 1 set of Amber Front/Red Rear.

All Boxed up and ready to ship.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
TXBlazer said:
It can be done, if you have the patience to thread a small pair of wires through the mirror and run them with the mirror control wires. I did this on my first set, then when I found a set with signals, I swapped them out & I put the original set on my Wife's TB. Plug and play if prewired....yes

Just asking for clarification. Are most gmt360s prewired for the turnsignal mirrors....meaning the factory plugs In the doors already have wires in them to connect the stock turnsignal style mirrors? Either way im interested in adding these modules, was just thinking of picking up some used mirrors with signals on them off of ebay and retrofitting them when I have spare time then installing them after. That way my tb is not down too long while I do the upgrade. On a side note...would these modules hold up to being connected to a strobe setup? Reason I ask this I may opt to use them as strobes on my stock mirrors instead of doing the above.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
the roadie said:
The wires are there.

Thanks for the confirmation, same goes with the wiring for heated mirrors? Im guessing if they are the heated mirrors are controlled by the rear window defrost switch?

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
Darkrider_LS said:
Thanks for the confirmation, same goes with the wiring for heated mirrors? Im guessing if they are the heated mirrors are controlled by the rear window defrost switch?

Correct, the wires for the heaters are in the door module as well.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
TXBlazer said:
Correct, the wires for the heaters are in the door module as well.

Awesome! Looks like i will be buying some turn signal/heated mirrors soon! Will see what i can do on monday...might be able to order an LED module then in preparation for that upgrade.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
silverunicorn said:
SOOOOOOOOO TEMPTING :sadcry:

Chris

Totally worth the money :thumbsup: . The inserts actually make the signals functional during daylight hours and are very bright at night. They definitely compliment all of my exterior LEDs.

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
Just a few pics from a set I did that were Amber Front / Red Rear

The contrast between the red and amber didn't show up to well in the pics
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

And a quick video:
[video=youtube;heb5k5dLv7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heb5k5dLv7o[/video]

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
installed mine last night. what a diff. in light output from stock. don't know why i didn't do this mod sooner.
thanks for a great product and easy instructions.

Attachments

• led turns 015.jpg
    led turns 015.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 43
  • led turns 005.jpg
    led turns 005.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 43
  • led turns 014.jpg
    led turns 014.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 45
  • led turns 012.jpg
    led turns 012.jpg