Mevotech LCA strut mount bushing deteriorated after 4 months

joe110010

Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
I put in the Mevotech LCA's probably 3-4 months ago and already strut mount bushing is coming out. In the pic below you can actually see the bare metal inside the bushing area, which would normally be covered by the rubber seal which has pulled away from the LCA surface. Probably just going to live with it until it causes problems, but not great.

View attachment 24429

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 9

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That's disappointing. Is it making any noise? I'm still on my OEMs and aside from some creaking on occasion on steeper angles it has been fine.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, Mevotech is basically CCC. I`ve had a few issues with them, namely a cracked tie-rod, incomplete threads on another and boots on lower ball joints that won`t stay on. Would have cost me as much as they`re worth to ship them back to RockAuto.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Good to know, I was looking at components for the suspension (upper ball joints, lower ball joints, new spring mount, new struts, new end links and anything else that looked out of whack) for when I did my lift. Guess I will stick with Delco and billstien for the struts.

joe110010

Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
Sparky no noise yet, but haven't had more than a light mist so far this year in San Diego. You're lucky, the creaking on my OEMs was unbearable from me just hopping in to the driver seat. Taking a trip to the mountains over the holidays so we'll see how it holds up. The LCAs were the first parts I've used of Mevotech, I've had much better luck with my Moog parts.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
My05Trailblazer

Members Online

No members online now.