Looking for help moving my mother's apartment into storage - Pittsfield, MA

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Sometime in the next 4-6 weeks, I have to fly from San Diego and pack up most of my mother's small apartment, sell most of the furniture, ship some boxes UPS, and put the rest in storage. She's on a one-way trip to a nursing home. No family other than me. Since I'm no spring chicken, I'll be looking to hire a helper for a day or two over a weekend, or weekday if they're available. Here in CA, I'd just go to the local Home Depot and get a crew of any size, but I don't think that works in Massachusetts. :wink:

Anybody local to Pittsfield who could lend a hand and needs a few $$? The trip is not yet scheduled, so I can't say which weekend yet.

Nakashige

Dec 3, 2011
Roadie I am fairly local if its really the 4 to 6 weeks my shoulder should be fairly healed up. Damian is also fairly local. If you need a van i might be able to get one.

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Thanks for the reply and the others with PMs. My company wants me to be in Korea in 4-6 weeks, and for me to work 7 days a week until then, so something is going to have to give. I may have a lull in my project waiting for PCB fabrication in 4-6 days, so I might just have to squeeze off a trip next week. In which case I just go to Dunkin' Donuts at 6AM and wave a few $20s and see who needs work. :undecided:

Nakashige

Dec 3, 2011
roadie let me know i can pack boxes well I work with my mother doing antique shows before the alzheimer's has taken over.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
:frown: Sorry to hear about your mom. :frown: I hope it works out for both of you.

Wish I could help, but I'm at least 4 hours south of that location in MA.

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Just got back from Mass - most of the project is done, and my wife is flying out in three weeks to do the final clean-up. Thanks for all the kind offers, but the bulk of the sorting was stuff that only I could do.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
the roadie said:
Just got back from Mass - most of the project is done, and my wife is flying out in three weeks to do the final clean-up. Thanks for all the kind offers, but the bulk of the sorting was stuff that only I could do.

Glad to know it worked out the way it did. I would think you got your mom all moved in to her new place. :undecided:

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Heavy stuff I'm keeping is in transit now (collectibles and many pictures). Photo albums of dogs that died before I was born have been discarded. Shhh, don't tell Mom. I have ZERO investment in that sort of stuff, and passing it on to MY daughter isn't going to happen. At some point you have to CEASE the incessant collecting of pixels.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
the roadie said:
Heavy stuff I'm keeping is in transit now (collectibles and many pictures). Photo albums of dogs that died before I was born have been discarded. Shhh, don't tell Mom. I have ZERO investment in that sort of stuff, and passing it on to MY daughter isn't going to happen. At some point you have to CEASE the incessant collecting of pixels.

:lipsrsealed: I will not say a word. :lipsrsealed:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online