Looking for an honest repair shop

Buffalo1028

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have a 2002 GMC Envoy, 210,000 miles, that has 4WD issues. Sometimes responsive to selector switch sometimes dead. I can her front axle disconnect whirl, nothing from encoder motor. Looking for a good repair shop, honest and knowledgeable in the Northern Va , DC., Maryland corridor. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I have replaced the following; Selector Switch over console, TCCM ECU, no codes showing now, axle disconnect switch.
I have not changed the encoder motor or sensor. If I pull fuse 8 and turn engine off and on, I can usually get to AWD or 4WD. Sometimes goes int 4WLow on its own. Raised left front wheel, turns freely. In over my head. Frustrated and willing to pay to get fixed.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
There's a place near you I believe on Bryant Ct, about halfway between 28 and the toll rd on 606 caled Houdas Motors. Dealt with them a couple times and my sis has been there quite a few times. Smaller shop but prob the most honest place I know in this area, very cool people there.

Another option is Curry's Motors, prob a little more $$$ but I have never been unhappy with them, very good with customer relations. They just opened a new shop near the town center.

If it's something I cannot fix or have the means to fix, Houdas is the first place I call, and usually the only.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online