Limiting editing time on build threads BUG

BoldAdventure

Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
This little popup window that says I can't update the first post in my build thread is stupid. It's vBulletin, so I know there is a setting to allow unlimited editing within this section of the forum. This would be a great option. It would let folks maintain the thread and keep it up to date.

This is the primary reason why I stopped updating mine. The opening thread is all out dated information. I don't think people should have to scroll or browse 6 pages to get a current run down on a build.

It would be great becuase folks could maintain a similar structure. Maybe I'm just to used to the way they've been done on ORTB, but it's a format the works and is easy to read and follow.

Here, it's kind of a mess.

Just my two cents.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Jimmy advised me this feature USED to work here, but a VBulletin update broke it and nobody noticed right away (we mods can edit anything, so we wouldn't notice.)

Since you asked so nicely, the bug has been squashed, but we can't test it. Can you, and let us know if it's back on track now?

BoldAdventure

Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
I don't have a nozzle on my firehose. I'll work on that. :thumbsup:

SWEETNESS, THANKS GUYS! I'll continue to support this site. And maintain my build thread here as well.

BoldAdventure

Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
Oh wait... any chance we can update all the threads in our build? Right now it's just the first post. I've got a lot of broken links.

BoldAdventure

Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
Looks like I can edit the first post now. Although that doesn't solve my broken images in other posts. Maybe it would of just been easier to ask to have my thread deleted and then I would start over, lol.

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
mikekey said:
Looks like I can edit the first post now. Although that doesn't solve my broken images in other posts. Maybe it would of just been easier to ask to have my thread deleted and then I would start over, lol.

No, we're trying to accommodate your request but vBulletin doesn't support this natively, so I'm trying to "make it work".

Give it a try again, the desired effect is that you can edit all of your posts in that build forum. We can't test it ourselves because we can edit any post, anywhere, at any time, that's why we need your help to tell us if it's working properly.

BoldAdventure

Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
Looks like it's working.

Odd that they removed it, used to be under the forum settings for member privileges, at least in v3, I haven't played with vbulletin in a couple years.

BoldAdventure

Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
Thanks guys! I'm finally able to fully update my build thread on this forum and link to it in my signature, rather than linking off site. :thumbsup: Thank you for your hard work.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online