Lime-Swap Turbo Up-pipe Prototype Complete

ssgpate

Jul 8, 2014
sure you take a punch and hammer and step up the size of the hole you are punching meanwhile pushing the metal in to give you a surface to thread into. when you get the hole big enough pack the tap in grease and start tapping the grease will catch all the shavings and keep them from getting into the oil. If a few shavings do get into the oil the filter will ick it up.

Charley12

Mar 23, 2013
For some reason that just seems to good to be true!! lol

I will be down for one of these turbo pipes as well. I love this I6 motor and hate to swap to a 5.3 if i can acieve more power this way!

Great work here!

Nexus1155

Jan 26, 2012
Darkrider_LS what you said is counterproductive.

Lime I am a fan of chinese stuff, but it is a hit or miss with quality of service in some of their manufacturing facilities. Cheaper to get a junk used one and rebuild so it is trustworthy. I also want to look into the supercharger oil pan tap. I have never done it any other way other than going to a plumbing supply store and having them make me some braided lines. Just as good as AN fittings for 1/10th the price. ANs are just a gimmick.

What I WAS talking about is we all know the motor and transmission will grenade with too much power. If the turbo was properly sized and only 7psi was run on a well mapped turbo efficiently, you can run it directly to the throttle body and into the engine. The only reason you technically need an intercooler is to ward away detonation if you run higher boost and or heat soak. IF you wanted to be cheap with it and save some $$$ and headaches. The pressure drop will be next to nothing!

Personally I can't see anyone running high boost on an hx which they are meant for on a gasoline motor. 35+ psi will blow the rod out skyhigh.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
These engines can easily handle 10 psi stock. I have been doing research and seeing other builds. The intercooler makes that possible.

Also the 4l60e is rated for 600 lb ft of torque. Disable torque management and your good to go. :smile:

I'm thinking more and more about doing a turbo setup. Torn between that and a built 5.3

Nexus1155

Jan 26, 2012
If you were going to drop in a 5.3 I would just do an lq9 with some heads etc.

Here's some helpful maps i found digging to size with the flanges.

http://1fatgmc.com/car/turbo-stuff/4200%20turbo%20compressor%20maps-1.html

4200-HX-35-2%20levels-1.jpg

Charley12

Mar 23, 2013
Yah I am torn between a 5.3 build and swap, or be a little different and keep the I6 with a little bit of boost.

I would be very happy if I could put 300-315 to the ground and maybe close to the same torque.

Plus I think that it would just sound cool!!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online