Just ordered my new defense system.

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
So after the car theft I figured it was time to install and alarm and get all the cool features my truck never came with (keyless entry for one). I picked up an Omega Excalibur AL-1830-EDPB from Car Audio Stereo - Car Subwoofers - Car Amplifiers and Speakers. I got a bundle set Excalibur AL-1830-EDPB Feature Packed Car Alarm Security System

I also ordered the Omega DB-GMDLBP, for the factory immobilizer and passlock bypass. I was looking at a smart phone enabled one, but I couldnt justify the extra money for the kit. As well as a second AU-93 so I can control both up and down on the windows. I did look at the blade setup but this should do I can always upgrade later.

Now for my questions, I know there are Install writeups online, but none for this. So I think im going to print out the couple write ups I have seen as well as the systems they where written for and try to do some cross referencing to make it easier. If anyone has any input though it will be greatly appreciated.

I will say I do feel sorry for any punk who decided to make this thing go off, they will get to see the narrow side af my Mauser.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
blazinlow89 said:
Now for my questions, I know there are Install writeups online, but none for this. So I think im going to print out the couple write ups I have seen as well as the systems they where written for and try to do some cross referencing to make it easier. If anyone has any input though it will be greatly appreciated.

I haven't touched one of those units, but I'd be willing to bet that it has pretty much the same inputs/outputs as any unit shown in the online write ups that are out there. The 5901 thread on that other inferior Trailblazer forum covers a lot of the install and is a great resource.

One of the most overlooked things when adding security systems to our platform is the rear door monitoring. While the OEM security system will still monitor the rear doors, the aftermarket alarm won't. The GMDLBP monitors the front doors and the liftgate, and when one of them is opened it sends a (-) signal to the alarms door trigger (-) input. The rear door signals should be manually added to that (-) door trigger input circuit. This involves tapping (2) wires near the BCM, diode isolating them, and running a wire up to the alarms (-) door trigger input. If you can handle installing the remote start, this will be cake.

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
The last remote start I did was a on a 96'. I do have some hesitation with that portion, but I think I can figure out most of what I need to do. I have no factory alarm, no keyless entry, just a basic $3 key, I did do some research on the passlock ignition system.

Does any one know where I can find a full wiring schematic for the BCM as well as the master harness under the dash? How would I have to wire the window controls, i figure the one to put the windows up will go with the arm portion of the system, I am debating on the window down. I thought about using it with the disarm, then the thought of rain etc. I am not in huge need of the trunk pop as long as it unlocks with the rest of the doors, so I think I might use that button.

Also are all of the trucks wired for remote start and just missing a module?

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
blazinlow89 said:
I have no factory alarm, no keyless entry, just a basic $3 key, I did do some research on the passlock ignition system.

I'm pretty sure it should still have it even without keyless, IIRC it arms when you hit the power lock button with the drivers door open and disarms when the drivers door is unlocked with the key. And we all have the $3 key. The passlock2 does its thing in the ignition lock cylinder.

Does any one know where I can find a full wiring schematic for the BCM as well as the master harness under the dash?

http://gmtnation.com/f23/need-manuals-get-them-here-371/

I don't know if they have the pinout for the big connector under the column. I have it if you want it, let me know.

How would I have to wire the window controls, i figure the one to put the windows up will go with the arm portion of the system, I am debating on the window down. I thought about using it with the disarm, then the thought of rain etc. I am not in huge need of the trunk pop as long as it unlocks with the rest of the doors, so I think I might use that button.

I haven't done one in one of these, maybe someone else can help you with that.

Also are all of the trucks wired for remote start and just missing a module?

Well, all of the circuits that any remote start unit would need are there, they just need to be found and wired in.

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Thank you sir. I just realized I worded my last question wrong lol. I meant was do all of the vehicles have the factory alarm stuff, even without keyless.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriswilson5585

Members Online

No members online now.