FEEDBACK Just a couple ideas.

Trios

Original poster
Mar 27, 2014
Hi! I'm new here. I was wondering if you'd be interested in a comment/suggestion from a newbie to this board (but not a newbie to forums in general).

This site seems to have a lot of staff running around, but I see some things that I feel should be taken care of more than they are currently. As an example, in the 360 Tech Discussion, there are 2 old Autocheck threads that are stickied, even though the personnel who were running the checks can't do them any longer. Housekeeping would dictate the threads get un-stuck and allowed to drift off until someone takes over the mantle again.

Also, there are a *lot* of subforums here. This can be really discouraging to a new user, especially someone who is coming from a non-360 platform. If I have an off-road question about a Tahoe, I would feel really silly posting it in a forum with a grand total of 7 topics. It would really make me feel like there is no community there, and I would get no response or no reasonable response. My recommendation is to condense the forum a bit. GMT360 looks about the right size, but the full size and compact pickups can probably be reduced to 1 to 3 subforums until the member base improves to the point where there is a real need for subdivision. The Lambda platform should just be one forum entirely. It makes the home page less gigantic and makes it seem like there is more activity.

The forum should put out feelers for recruiting at other autoguide/VS sites for the platforms you'd like to support here. Sure, you started from trailvoy so that's the most popular section here, but if you want to be both a real thorn in the VS side and help people with a site that has few ads and helpful people, it might be worthwhile to jump on some of the other forums and toss out some links, *especially* if it appears the community is dying over there. I'd be happy to help if you folks wanted to go in that direction.

The off-topic forum has an absurd number of stickies. Between the stickies and the post whoring threads, that forum seems like a circus show. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it certainly is odd to me as an outsider looking in. I don't have a lot of suggestions, except perhaps to have a sticky that links to the important threads, instead of stickying every important thread.

Also, The Marketplace could probably be condensed as well. Maybe Vehicles and Parts?

Anyways, just a couple of insights. I sent this same message to The_Roadie and he asked me to post it here, so here it is. Let me know what you think, and have an awesome day.

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
One idea I'll touch on... as an opportunity of what I do.

I look up NEW POSTS, so I get to see every new post since the last time I logged in. No matter which size or sub thread, new member introductions or the circus'. I usually get a 3 page listing, with a green check mark on the ones I've commented on so I can easily see the ones that may have new information to compile.

I'm sure the Admin's will appreciate your input and give a little feedback.

Thanks!

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Your suggestions have been noted and most have been discussed. We will be transitioning to a new layout in the coming weeks, our plan is to condense/combine some of the less used topics and sections. I can't say for sure what exactly we will do, but improvements are coming!!!!:cool:

Trios

Original poster
Mar 27, 2014
One last little thing - Wheels & Tires, Towing, and Offroad aren't really all that vehicle specific. Might make sense to make a section just for those cross-platform sorts of things and remove those subforums from the individual platforms.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher