Jokes and Riddles

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
The lawyer was cross-examining a witness.

“Isn’t it true,” he bellowed, “that you were given $500 to throw this case?”

The witness did not answer. Instead, he just stared out the window as though he hadn’t heard the question.

The attorney repeated himself, again getting no response.

Finally, the judge spoke to the witness, “Please answer the question.”

“Oh,” said the startled witness, “I thought he was talking to you.”

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Clean Dishes with Coldwater: A MUST READ!
Can Cold Water Clean Dishes?This is for all the germ conscious folksthat worry about using cold water to clean.

John went to visit his 90 year old grandfather in a very secluded, rural area of Saskatchewan ..

After spending a great evening chatting the night away,the next morning John's grandfather preparedbreakfast of bacon, eggs and toast.

However, John noticed a film like substance on his plate,and questioned his grandfather asking,

'Are these plates clean?'

His grandfather replied,

'They're as clean as cold water can get em.
Just you go ahead and finish your meal, Sonny!'

For lunch the old man made hamburgers.

Again, John was concerned about the plates,as his appeared to have tiny specks around the edge that looked like dried egg and asked,

'Are you sure these plates are clean?'

Without looking up the old man said,

'I told you before, Sonny, those dishes are as clean as cold water can get them. Now don't youfret, I don't want to hear another word about it!'

Later that afternoon, John was on his way to a nearby townand as he was leaving, his grandfather's dog started to growl, and wouldn't let him pass.

John yelled and said, 'Grandfather, your dog won't let me get to my car'.

Without diverting his attention from the football gamehe was watching on TV, the old man shouted!

'Coldwater, go lay down now, yah hear me!'

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
image020_2.jpg

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
The bartender asks the guy sitting at the bar, “What’ll you have?” The guy answers, “A scotch, please.”

The bartender hands him the drink and says, “That’ll be five dollars,” to which the guy replies, “What are you talking about? I don’t owe you anything for this.”

A lawyer, sitting nearby and overhearing the conversation, then says to the bartender, “You know, he’s got you there. In the original offer, which constitutes a binding contract upon acceptance, there was no stipulation of remuneration.”

The bartender was not impressed but says to the guy, “Okay, you beat me for a drink. But don’t ever let me catch you in here again.”

The next day, same guy walks into the bar. Bartender says, “What the heck are you doing in here? I can’t believe you’ve got the audacity to come back!”

The guy says, “What are you talking about? I’ve never been in this place in my life!”

The bartender replies, “I’m very sorry, but this is uncanny. You must have a double.”

To which the guy replies, “Thank you. Make it a scotch.”

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Luke: Why did the M&M go to school?
Stan: I’m stumped.
Luke: Because he really wanted to be a Smartie!

Reactions: Redbeard and hrddrv

TBdriver01

Dec 28, 2016
Illinois
So Mickey is distraught, face in his hands, sitting across from his lawyer.Just weaping uncontrolably, cant barely string two words together.

His lawyer councels him, " Mr. Mouse, just think of the long and successful lives you've shared together. There's just no way a judge will grant you a divorce just because you found out Minnie is a little crazy."

Mickey looks up at him and says, " I don't find her a little crazy, I said I found her f**king Goofy!!!"

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
A man returns home a day early from a business trip.
It's after midnight. While en-route home, he asks the cabby if he would be a witness,
because the man suspects his wife is having an affair, and he wants to catch her in the act.
For $100, the cabby agrees.
Quietly arriving home, the husband and cabby tip toe into the bedroom. The husband
switches on the lights, yanks the blanket back and there is his wife, naked as a jay bird,
with a man, totally nude also. The husband puts a gun to the naked man's head.
The wife shouts, “Don't do it! I lied when I told you I inherited money.”

* HE paid for the Porsche I gave you.
* HE paid for your new 25 ft. Ranger Fishing Boat.
* HE paid for your Football season tickets.
* HE paid for our house at the lake.
* HE paid for your Golf Trip to St Andrews and your new 4 x 4.
* HE paid for our country club membership and he even pays the monthly dues.
* And because of HIM, I can put an extra $2,000 in our checking account each month.
Shaking his head from side-to-side, the husband lowers the gun. He looks over at the cabby
and says, 'What would you do'?
The cabby replies, 'I'd cover him with that blanket, before he catches a cold.'

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
At a naval barracks the enlisted men were being given their shots prior to going overseas. One lad, having received his series of injections, asked for a glass of water.

“What’s the matter, mate?” asked the sick-bay attendant. “Not feeling well?”

“No, just checking to see if I’m still watertight.”

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
1. My Goal for 2016 was to lose 10 pounds. Only 15 more to go!

2. Ate salad for dinner! Mostly croutons & tomatoes. Really just one big, round crouton covered

With tomato sauce. And cheese. FINE, it was a pizza. I ate a pizza.

3. How to prepare Tofu: A-Throw it in the trash. B-grill some meat.

4. I just did a week's worth of cardio after walking into a spider's web.

5. I don't mean to brag but…I finished my 14 day diet in 3 hours and 20 minutes.

6. A recent study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer then men who mention it.

7. Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the tv channel.

8. I love being over 50. I learn something every day…and forget 5 others.

9. Senility has been a smooth transition for me.

10. I think I'll just put an "Out of Order" sticker on my forehead and call it a day.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
3bcd879c-1c8e-4bca-8826-faea5e893b87.jpg

Reactions: Redbeard

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
A grade school teacher in a small Vermont town asks her class how many of them are Barack Obama fans.

Not really knowing what a Barack Obama fan is, but wanting to be liked by the teacher, all the kids raise their hands except little Johnny.

The teacher asks Johnny why he has decided to be different.

Johnny says, “I’m not a Barack Obama fan.”

The teacher asks, “Why not?”

Johnny says, “I’m a Donald Trump fan.”

The teacher asks why he’s a Donald Trump fan.

The boy says, “Well, my mom’s a Donald Trump fan and my dad’s a Donald Trump fan, so I’m a Donald Trump fan!”

The teacher is a bit angry, because this IS Vermont, so she asks, “What if your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot, what would that make you?”

Johnny says, “That would make me a Barack Obama fan.”

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Attorney: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?
Witness: No.

Attorney: Did you check for blood pressure?
Attorney: Did you check for breathing?
Attorney: So then, it is possible the patient was alive when you began the autopsy, is it not?
Attorney: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
Witness: Because his brain was on my desk in a jar.
Attorney: But could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?
Witness: Yes, it is possible he could have still been alive … and practicing law.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
There Once was a Burglar Named Draper
Who Smoked when he went on a Caper
But the Cops Spied him Toking
Doing Crime and Some Smoking
And now Draper is Locked Up with his Vaper!

Reactions: Redbeard

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
NASA was interviewing professionals to be sent to Mars. Only one person could go, and he would be unable to return to Earth.

The first applicant, an engineer, was asked how much he wanted to be paid for taking the one-way trip.

“A million dollars,” he answered, “because I wish to donate it to M.I.T.”

The next applicant, a doctor, was asked the same question.

He asked for two million dollars. “I wish to give a million to my family,” he explained, “and leave the other million for the advancement of medical research.”

The last applicant was a politician.

When asked how much money he wanted, he whispered in the interviewer’s ear, “Three million dollars.”

“Why so much more than the others?” the interviewer asked.

The politician replied, “One million is for you, I’ll keep one million, and we’ll give the engineer a million and send him to Mars.”

Reactions: hrddrv and Mooseman

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
It was very crowded at the supermarket, and the customer in front of me had a large order.

As the harried clerk lifted the final bag for her, its bottom gave way, sending the contents crashing to the floor.

“They just don’t make these bags like they used to,” the clerk complained to the customer. “That was supposed to happen in your driveway!”

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Two Yankee boys were driving through the South and were stopped by a state trooper.

The trooper walked up to the open driver’s window, reached in and slapped the driver on the side of his head.

“What did you do that for?” the driver asked.

“I don’t know how y’all do it up north, but here in Alabama you have your driver’s license ready when I walk up to the car.”

The trooper took the license when it was offered, walked back to his unit and then returned the license to the driver.

He then walked around to the passenger side of the car and tapped on the window.

When the passenger rolled the window down, the trooper reached in and slapped the passenger on the side of the head.

“What did you do that for?” asked the startled passenger.

“Well,” responded the trooper, “I didn’t want you to be disappointed. You’ll get about two miles down the road and then say, ‘I wish that redneck woulda tried that with me!'”

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
A guy was driving down the highway with his blond girlfriend when she said to him, 'I think those people in the car next to us are from another country.

'Why is that?' he said.

'Well, the kids are writing on the window and it says, ...'stit ruoy su wohs'.

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
There is a story about monastery in Europe perched high on a cliff several 100 feet in the air.
The only way to reach the monastery was to be suspended in a basket, which was pulled to the top by several monks, who pulled and tugged with all their strength.
Obviously, the ride up the steep cliff in that basket was terrifying.

One tourist got exceedingly nervous when he was half-way up as he noticed that the rope by which he was suspended was old and frayed.
With a trembling voice he asked the monk who was riding with him in the basket how often they change the rope.
The monk thought for a moment and answered brusquely, "Whenever it breaks."

Reactions: hrddrv

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed a desire to become a “great” writer.

When asked to define “great” he said, “I want to write words that the whole world will read, words that people will react to on a truly emotional level, words that will make them scream, cry, wail, howl in pain, desperation and anger!”

Hard work and desire paid off.

Today, that once-young man works for Microsoft writing error messages.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
One Sunday a Minister feigned illness so he could go deer hunting. That morning he shot a fantastic 14-point buck! Saint Peter looked down from Heaven and said to God, “You aren’t going to let him bag a prize like that are you?” “Why not?” God replied. “Who’s he going to tell?”

MikeHayes

Mar 20, 2016
Vermont
A grade school teacher in a small Vermont town asks her class how many of them are Barack Obama fans.

Not really knowing what a Barack Obama fan is, but wanting to be liked by the teacher, all the kids raise their hands except little Johnny.

The teacher asks Johnny why he has decided to be different.

Johnny says, “I’m not a Barack Obama fan.”

The teacher asks, “Why not?”

Johnny says, “I’m a Donald Trump fan.”

The teacher asks why he’s a Donald Trump fan.

The boy says, “Well, my mom’s a Donald Trump fan and my dad’s a Donald Trump fan, so I’m a Donald Trump fan!”

The teacher is a bit angry, because this IS Vermont, so she asks, “What if your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot, what would that make you?”

Johnny says, “That would make me a Barack Obama fan.”

Being a Vermonter and one of the few that voted for Trump I will tell this story to every Trump hater I know.

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
The customer in the Italian restaurant was so pleased with his meal that he asked to speak to the chef.

The owner proudly led him into the kitchen and introduced him to the chef.

“Your veal parmigiana was superb,” the customer said. “I just spent a month in Italy, and yours is better than any I ever had over there.”

“Naturally,” the chef said. “Over there, they use domestic cheese. Ours is imported!”

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
My wife and I were watching Who Wants To Be A Millionaire while we were in bed.
I turned to her and said, 'Do you want to have Sex?'
'No,' she answered.
I then ...said, 'Is that your final answer?'
... She didn't even look at me this time, simply saying, 'Yes..'
So I said, "Then I'd like to phone a friend."
And that's when the fight started...
He said, "Aren't you worried about the mad cow?"
"Nah, she can order for herself."
And that's when the fight started.....
I asked her, "Do you know him?"
"Yes", she sighed,
"He's my old boyfriend. I understand he took to drinking
right after we split up those many years ago, and I hear he
hasn't been sober since."
"My God!" I said, "Who would think a person could go on
celebrating that long?"
And then the fight started...
Finally she thought of a clever way to make her point.
When I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing
scissors. I watched silently for a short time and then went into
the house. I was gone only a minute, and when I came out again
I handed her a toothbrush.
I said, "When you finish cutting the
grass, you might as well sweep the driveway."
The doctors say I will walk again, but I will always have a limp.
would be bad all day.
I went back into the house, quietly undressed, and slipped back into bed. I cuddled up to my wife's back;
now with a different anticipation,
and whispered, "The weather out there is terrible."
My loving wife of 5 years replied, "And, can you believe my stupid husband is out fishing in that?"
And that's how the fight started...
And then the fight started......
and realized I had left my wallet at home. I told the woman that
I was very sorry, but I would have to go home and come back later.
The woman said, 'Unbutton your shirt'.
So I opened my shirt revealing my curly silver hair.
She said, 'That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me' and she processed my Social Security application.
When I got home, I excitedly told my wife about my experience at the Social Security office.
She said, 'You should have dropped
your pants. You might have gotten disability too.'
to pay me a compliment.'
I replied, "Your eyesight's damn near perfect."
And then the fight started........
So I said, 'Well, which one ARE you then?'
That's how the fight started.
When she asked me why, I replied,
"Well, you still haven't used the gift I bought you last year!"
And that's how the fight started.

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Several days ago as I left a meeting at a hotel. I desperately gave myself a personal TSA pat down — I was looking for my keys. They were not in my pockets. A quick search in the meeting room revealed nothing.

Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot. My wife has scolded me many times for leaving the keys in the ignition. My theory is the ignition is the best place not to lose them.

Her theory is that the car will be stolen. As I burst through the door, I came to a terrifying conclusion. Her theory was right. The parking lot was empty.

I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car and that it had been stolen. Then I made the most difficult call of all,

“Honey,” I stammered — I always call her “honey” in times like these. “I left my keys in the car, and it has been stolen.”

There was a period of silence. I thought the call had been dropped, but then I heard her voice.

“Idiot”, she barked, “I dropped you off!”

Now it was my time to be silent.

Embarrassed, I said, “Well, come and get me.”

She retorted, “I will, as soon as I convince this policeman I have not stolen your car.”

Yep, it’s the golden years …

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.