Instrument cluster help

03Snailblazer

Original poster
Apr 24, 2017
Wichita, KS
Hello. I decided to join the site after following May03lt on YouTube for a while now.

Yesterday I went to go start my by and noticed the cluster doing all sorts of weird stuff. The speedo and tach and some lights that will dim still work but nothing else. It had popped up reduced engine power, parking brake, security, battery, and abs all at different times while I cycled the car in and off. It would display nothing for fear selection and odometer at first then it would show me bits and pieces of both.
Then magically it fixed itself until later that day it did it again. I unhooked the battery for a while and nothing changed but I. Prices thugs time the keyless entry didn't work and the drivers door locks and windows wouldn't work. I also slammed the drivers door and the radio would cycle on and off. After that I pulled fuse 24 and the doors locked immediately after but gauges still not working. I put everything back together and closed the hood and saw the gas light went out after a bit and now it all works again except the lights for the speedo. I checked the g201 and g102 and nothing.

I'm hoping somebody has some ideas or knows of a good replacement cluster to get

Thanks

Reactions: Locksmith

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Two things:

Could be the cluster itself needs reseated in its plug, or (more likely) the ignition switch is taking a dump on you. More often than not, screwy sudden electrical issues can be caused by that switch. Thankfully, it is a relatively easy and inexpensive thing to replace.

03Snailblazer

Original poster
Apr 24, 2017
Wichita, KS
Two things:

Could be the cluster itself needs reseated in its plug, or (more likely) the ignition switch is taking a dump on you. More often than not, screwy sudden electrical issues can be caused by that switch. Thankfully, it is a relatively easy and inexpensive thing to replace.

I took the cluster apart and didn't see anything obvious and made sure the plug was good. I have been seeing a lot about the ignition switch. It odd that it happens a week after I switched from single din to a new double din kenwood.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.