Ignition coil pack brand recommendation

Busterbrown

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Anyone have a recommendation on coil pack brand? My truck has been throwing a misfire code to the #4 cylinder and it looks like it needs replacing. I checked the OS site for suggestions and found several threads referencing Duralast from Autozone (C1558). Price for this one is $79.00. Then on Advance Auto's site, they have an AC Delco (D1935E) listed for 39.99. So why the big price difference?

hdodd1

Dec 3, 2011
Check Rock Auto...I used the lest expensive one on my 06 TB and had no problem. It is an AC Delco for $27.xx.

Busterbrown

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
hdodd1 said:
Check Rock Auto...I used the lest expensive one on my 06 TB and had no problem. It is an AC Delco for $27.xx.

Thanks. I have a $10 off coupon code at AAP. The ignition coil will only cost $29 and I'll have a brick and mortar to walk back into if it fails. :biggrin:

Tofer76

Dec 8, 2011
Busterbrown said:
Thanks. I have a $10 off coupon code at AAP. The ignition coil will only cost $29 and I'll have a brick and mortar to walk back into if it fails. :biggrin:

i got all 6 of them for 125 on ebay brand new in box
been in for a while now and no issues yet
side note put in 8 new ebay coils in my ford over 150000mi ago and havent had any probs yet

'03EXT

Dec 4, 2011
I have replaced 4 of the originals so far with borg warner coil paks , just waiting for the other 2 to crap out.........so far the borg warners are holding up fine

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
A year or two ago, my #4 coil fried b/c of the hood seal leak. Replaced it with the Duralast - looking back on it I cant believe I paid $70 for it, guess I got hosed because I see a lot of you report paying less for Delco & other respected name brands! :mad:

Busterbrown

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Installed the new coil pack this morning and ran it around town on some errands. Trucks runs smoother now. Even a vibration I could feel in the gas pedal is no longer there. The usual #4 cylinder was the culprit. Cleaned the MAF sensor at the same time. Reset the PCM codes and it's back to running like a champ. :thumbsup:

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
Busterbrown said:
Installed the new coil pack this morning and ran it around town on some errands. Trucks runs smoother now. Even a vibration I could feel in the gas pedal is no longer there. The usual #4 cylinder was the culprit. Cleaned the MAF sensor at the same time. Reset the PCM codes and it's back to running like a champ. :thumbsup:

I have pedal vibration. Does this mean it is a coil pack issue?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.