I really need help identifying trans cooler line parts.

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
I feel
Idiotic asking this but I'm in a real bind so here goes. I'm trying to buy all new transmission cooler lines. I believe there are four parts because each line comes in two sections When I look up the parts, they show lines e six cooler and lines without. I thought my car had an aux cooler. I posted a photo of it when I replaced it. It was a rusted mess. Anyway the lines for a car with an aux cooler say Drivers side. I don't my lines ran down the passenger side of the engine. I don't have the original lines to use for reference. I switched to steel braided and it's been a nightmare ever since.

So I don't know what to buy and I'm in a serious time crunch so I don't lose my job.

Does anyone know of a place o can enter my VIN to help ID what to buy? I'm so aggravated right now. Thanks in advance!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
Do you still have the factory quick connects at the tranny and at the cooler?

When I had my lines replaced it was a 4 piece set, 2 separate lines, 2 sections each with quick connects at the midpoint or so. A dealership had them in stock when I needed them. Not cheap, though.

Reactions: jmonica
Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
They did some really whack stuff with these lines, apparently....
Rockauto shows 4 total parts... all 4 of which are needed regardless of whether you have the aux cooler or not... The difference appears to be "where" you install them, not "whether" you install them. All four of these are actually cheaper than the ebay listing posted above.... though admittedly the above listing is probably better made than these rockauto units are direct stock replacements (but harder to install if you still have the quick connects). I also guessed on your year, but these lines appear to be correct for all 4.2 models and all years.

Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
BTW my local autozone shows all parts necessary to replace these lines as in stock and at only double the rockauto price.... perhaps yours has them available?

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
Do you still have the factory quick connects at the tranny and at the cooler?

When I had my lines replaced it was a 4 piece set, 2 separate lines, 2 sections each with quick connects at the midpoint or so. A dealership had them in stock when I needed them. Not cheap, though.
Of course I don't have the original rad fittings. Well I might. I have a huge box of "spare" parts and I think I recall seeing some in there. The problem now is they have two types I believe and I have no idea which ones I need. I regret switching to steel braided lines. My first set of pen ones rusted away and so I thought sb lines were the solution but it's been a total CF ever since. I was fine for about two years then one of the lines sprung a leak. Strange it was right in the middle of the line too, not one of the fittings. Sigh... I'm drying here on this one. Thank you again for the info. Hopefully I can find what I need.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306