I am having problems after slowing at light

Razorback

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
When i start slowing down at light and the light turns green i start to speed up, a light comes on with a triangle and tire marks on the dash and the trailblazer shakes, its a 2008 with around 54,000 miles, does anyone know what this could be. It doesnt do it if i come to a complete stop, only if i start slowing down to stop and then push the gas to speed up.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Traction control system. Check your owner's manual for more information about how it be turned off. Problems like that are typically caused by a faulty wheel speed sensor. Sometimes steering wheel angle sensor. But I don't have one of those systems so I'm not totally up on its troubleshooting.

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
I think the ABS stores traction control codes. If you could get them read? Did a preliminary search for you and it seems it could be the steering wheel position sensor as Bill mentioned.

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
Well I thought there was a factory recall for this but after searching for it I couldn't find it so I guess I was wrong. I used to get this but it stopped and haven't gotten it for a while (knock on wood). I thought I had the dealer fix it under recall but I guess not.

Razorback

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Just now the the light with triangle on it and wigly marks is on, and the car with wigly marks and a wrench is lit up and the abs light is on, so now theres 3 lights on, taking it to dealership, it has waranty lets see if thats covered

JCOLEMAN45177

Mar 13, 2013
Razorback said:
Just now the the light with triangle on it and wigly marks is on, and the car with wigly marks and a wrench is lit up and the abs light is on, so now theres 3 lights on, taking it to dealership, it has waranty lets see if thats covered

Let me know the outcome as i have the same problem only slightly differant. the same lights come on and go off intermitently

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online