HVAC Auto and some thursday thoughts

Realism

Original poster
Nov 25, 2015
Idaho
I was driving along this morning and it finally dawned on me, dont know why, but I focused on it. Mornings right now are pretty cold, early 30s. I have my Temp set for 72 and have the AC turned off. Now keep in mind my voy has the auto temp setting. Which I really dont understand all how that works, but I have the auto setting off.

So in the mornings, my vents blow hot, like def warm, not just warmer than the outside temp. But as the day goes on, it starts blowing cooler. like you can tell the difference. Now I am trying to figure out if Im just suffering from yes its still cold in the morning but it feels warmer even at 72, (I should take a temp tester with me), or if there is something I dont know about. Like maybe I have something set up wrong and the system is auto adjusting the temp without telling me.
It makes me wonder becuase I have had issues during summer where the ac doesnt blow ice cold and is more tepid. Though honestly I think my AC compressor is shot. anyways .. . .
yeah has anyone had this feeling to, that maybe the auto system is doing stuff without telling the user.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I think that even not in auto, it controls the temperature. The only way to completely override any automatic function is to turn the temp setting to HI for both sides. This will just set the temp blend doors to max heat and you would have to adjust the fan manually. I know in auto, if set to HI, it will set the highest temp and set the blower to full speed and keep it there.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YSB

Members Online