Huston we have a problem?

Sir ffeJ

Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
My bad. Copy and pasted

FloGrown
How do you sign up there and do post I tried without any luck I actually emailed them for help ? I had another user tell me this same thing so I have been trying to figure out how to use there theards etc

Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
No trick, but they DO have to respond to a confirmation email to prove they are signing up from an email address under their control. A few folks have too-tight spam filters and this email goes into their spam filters. The problem is on them to take control of their spam filters, or use another email address.

All forums do this nowadays.

If he's emailed anybody, I'm not seeing it.

I see 26 usernames in that state at the moment, but a few of them are obvious spammers. See if you can get the username he's trying to register with over here, and we can look more deeply.

Jimmy - you getting any emailed support requests you could use help handling?

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
The_Roadie said:
No, pretty much everything has been coming in as a support ticket (which unregistered members CAN do) and we've been handling them.

The problem, however, is not on our side. We average over 50-60 registrations a week, and 98% of them have no problem completing the process. Our emails get sent out... if they don't reach a member, it almost always because of spam/junk settings. We monitor all of the major blacklists to ensure our mail isn't affected negatively. If an ISP or mail provide has us blocked, we'd never know, and we wouldn't be able to do anything about it anyway (not being a customer).

We will do our best to help new members complete the registration process, but we only have control over our systems, not those of others'.

Upvote 0

Sir ffeJ

Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
The_Roadie said:
No trick, but they DO have to respond to a confirmation email to prove they are signing up from an email address under their control. A few folks have too-tight spam filters and this email goes into their spam filters. The problem is on them to take control of their spam filters, or use another email address.

All forums do this nowadays.

If he's emailed anybody, I'm not seeing it.

I see 26 usernames in that state at the moment, but a few of them are obvious spammers. See if you can get the username he's trying to register with over here, and we can look more deeply.

Jman423 said:
No, pretty much everything has been coming in as a support ticket (which unregistered members CAN do) and we've been handling them.

The problem, however, is not on our side. We average over 50-60 registrations a week, and 98% of them have no problem completing the process. Our emails get sent out... if they don't reach a member, it almost always because of spam/junk settings. We monitor all of the major blacklists to ensure our mail isn't affected negatively. If an ISP or mail provide has us blocked, we'd never know, and we wouldn't be able to do anything about it anyway (not being a customer).

We will do our best to help new members complete the registration process, but we only have control over our systems, not those of others'
Thanks guys. I did give him the heads up about his spam/junk filter.

I don't know, I guess time will tell.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe102938

Members Online