How to find out color of carpet?

Zack2003

Original poster
Jan 24, 2015
I need to know what color carpet I have. Is there a way to figure that out? As in a part number somewhere?

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Looks like your choices are 'oak', 'pewter' and 'cashmere'. These differ from the actual trim designations, which were described as 'medium pewter', 'very dark pewter', etc.
Here's a dealer link which shows the choices - and while the link references a North Face, I believe they had the same interior color choices as the other trim levels:
http://parts.royaloakschevy.com/a/C...HFACE-EDITION-Y92/041021TS16-263TS16-263.html
It looks like the color codes for pewter interior for 2002-2004 were 92I and 95I , FWIW

If you really are replacing the whole carpet, you should be able to get pretty close with an aftermarket replacement - for example:
http://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCarpet.asp?Itemid=17898&MakeId=31&ModelId=634

If you click on the 'Samples' link at the above site, there's no 'pewter' listed - but it looks like a couple of shades of grey are close.

You could also look at this as an opportunity - to have something unique, with a color that would contrast nicely with your trim / seats, etc., but wasn't offered as an OEM option. Especially if you decide to get something a little more 'deluxe' / plush over OEM quality.

Reactions: Tiggerr

Zack2003

Original poster
Jan 24, 2015
I was on stock interiors and they had 4 different greys just trying to figure out what was my factory color. Carpet isn't horrible but it was a Florida car before I got it and the sand has just wore it out some. I took it out and pressure washed and cleaned it and that helped a lot but I think it's about time for new.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
All the sites that sell replacement carpet will usually send you free small samples to compare colors. All you gotta do is get in touch with them and ask.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online