Hi everyone having start up problems

HUMDRUM

Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
2005 chevy trailblazer 180,000 miles was running perfect.
a few days ago i was driving down the road truck started dragging like i was running out of gas
to parts store parking lot. they ran a few test and said fuel pump was bad.
Had a buddy of mine drop the tank we installed a new fuel pump.
My chevy still wont start but fuel is coming throught the line

He told me something is shutting of the fuel when it reaches the engine
i read somewhere abou the pcm not doing its job properly
can i get some help in the right direction to solve this issue

I saw him switch relays from another position and that relay switch didnt matter to my chevy
sometimes i hear a clicking noise before i try to start it.

please

sometimes it wont try to start until i turn the key 3 or 4 times then it tries to crank but wont.
just need the expertise thats available on these forums

im a computer geek i can solve and repair any computer related problems
but this is puzzling, im starting to think ignition switch is causing this
please help me withe the sound advice that is available on these forums thanks

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
The ignition switch may be the issue, but I'd check into getting the fuel pump pressure tested also just to be sure.

HUMDRUM

Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
IllogicTC said:
The ignition switch may be the issue, but I'd check into getting the fuel pump pressure tested also just to be sure.
Thank you for the advice ill install a new ignition switch in the morning,one question i have is from what i have read , my security light isnt blinking.

Could that still be the ignition switch even though the light isnt blinking?

HUMDRUM

Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
HUMDRUM said:
Thank you for the advice ill install a new ignition switch in the morning,one question i have is from what i have read , my security light isnt blinking.

Could that still be the ignition switch even though the light isnt blinking?
Wow after all that trouble it was a piece of plastic, that got sucked up into the air filter after my last oil change.
Wasnt getting air,im relieved and upset as i changed air filter myself and didnt notice the plastic.

Anthony Mason

Oct 23, 2015
iowa
Got 03 trailblazer was getting fuel smellfinally figured out it was top of sending unit was coroded caused plastic to crack ,so changed whole sending unit and started running crappy gradguly got worse till it died still turns over and seemed like it wanted to start but now no spark no fuel battery went dead from cranking it ,no codes , and the check engine wont reset ....any ideas

Reactions: Bobbi wells

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Did you check fuel pressure?

Anthony Mason

Oct 23, 2015
iowa
Yep test port on left side of engine got nothing ,test port on fuel filter line doesnt register any pressure but when schrader core is depresed spits fuel,n when i unhooked lines by regulator they gushed fuel ?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Can you hear the pump running? Did you replace the fuel filter? I believe there is also a test port there so check for pressure.

Anthony Mason

Oct 23, 2015
iowa
I do hear pump running, also have no spark,even if i spray fuel into the intake no fire, never been more baffeled

Last edited by a moderator:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Are you sure there is no spark? Have you tested with spark testers or some other method?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I don't know how a test light could show spark. You could try to use an old spark plug into the coil and ground the plug body and just see if it sparks while cranking.

I'm not too fussy on pouring fuel directly into the intake. I'd use starting fluid (ether) instead. Less chance of flooding it.

You still have to determine if you have proper fuel pressure.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online