Hello

Old Coot

Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Hi gang!

The Mrs. & I are the new owners of a 2003 Trailblazer with 106K on the odometer. It is Majestic Red Metallic and the body is nice and tight. It doesn't seem to have any issues at this time that I am aware of. I must confess to having signed up on the other forum, as I didn't know about you guys over here. Much more activity here and a sense of humor as well. I wish I knew more about these computer controlled systems in this vehicle, so, I will be paying close attention to what I read here in hopes that some of it soaks in ( old dogs and new tricks syndrome ).
I hope to be seeing you'll around.

2010 CamaroSS

Dec 5, 2011
Old Coot said:
Hi gang!

The Mrs. & I are the new owners of a 2003 Trailblazer with 106K on the odometer. It is Majestic Red Metallic and the body is nice and tight. It doesn't seem to have any issues at this time that I am aware of. I must confess to having signed up on the other forum, as I didn't know about you guys over here. Much more activity here and a sense of humor as well. I wish I knew more about these computer controlled systems in this vehicle, so, I will be paying close attention to what I read here in hopes that some of it soaks in ( old dogs and new tricks syndrome ).
I hope to seeing you'll around.

Welcome aboard :wootwoot:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
welcome over :tiphat:

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
Welcome! Great truck and great community, you will soon be able to tackle just about any DIY level task thanks to the information in the articles, videos, and forum posts on this site.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome! The other site has a lot of good information. The people here are who put it there. :thumbsup:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome to GMTNation!

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
Welcome over to the Nation! Much better here! :wootwoot:

Dec 4, 2011
Hard to say something that hasn't been said before so Welcome

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
hola, bueno, si :rotfl: ~not said before~ La biblioteca es muy bueno

enough of my sloppy Spanglish...

Old Coot

Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Thank you so very much for the warm welcome to GMTNATION, I do appreciate it.

I am looking forward to getting more interactive here. Since we just purchased our Trailblazer a few days ago, I Googled Trailblazer Forum and the first hit was the OS and I joined right up. Unbeknownst to me, the mass exodus to GMTN over the past months. I saw a posting referencing this place and I am glad to see all the activity. The OS seems quite stagnant at this point although you guys did a wonderful job posting useful data there.

The Mrs. & I have four dogs, three English Springer Spaniels and a Golden Retriever. Bonnie & Clyde are half brother/sister dad being the common thread and are field bred ESS. Isabella is from show stock and her pal Natasha is the Golden. We work with the English Springer Rescue of America (Google "ESRA") and do mostly transportation. We both have amateur radio licenses and I am hoping to get some radio gear in the TB when the weather warms up a bit ... say April or May after planting some garden. Age is 60 and at one point in life cranked on wrenches to earn a living, then electronics and then barbering and back to electronics, now in the retirement mode.

You might find this funny, BUT, my father was the FORD Dealer in the small town I grew up in during the 1950's. As for me, I worked for my father in the auto repair business, a Ford dealer and a Pontiac/Cadillac/Toyota dealer before getting into the barbering profession. I have owned Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Porsche and believe it or not I still have my 1969 MGB Roadster with spoked wheels and knock off hubs with 27,xxx original actual miles on it. But, my knees are so bad I can't get in or out off it anymore ... downer!

Anyway, enough about me. I am glad to be here and wanting to learn more about the TB from you folks. Thanks for having me.

Bill

P.S. The log in name should be self-explanatory.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome tot the Nation. Sounds like you and the Misses have a wonderful life.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Another Bill. With a GMT360. Also Old. Also a Coot. But with worse knees. :wink:

You'd think I helped start a site to attract people like me. :rotfl:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Old Coot said:
Age is 60 and at one point in life cranked on wrenches to earn a living, then electronics and then barbering and back to electronics, now in the retirement mode.

It's always good to draw an experienced younger crowd. :wootwoot:

Old Coot

Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Robbabob said:
hola, bueno, si :rotfl: ~not said before~ La biblioteca es muy bueno

enough of my sloppy Spanglish...

I am bi-lingual, too!

I am fairly experienced in the King's English and I learned Profanity at an early age with water pumps, tight bolts, wrenches and radiator fins.:smile:

the roadie said:
Another Bill. With a GMT360. Also Old. Also a Coot. But with worse knees. :wink:

You'd think I helped start a site to attract people like me. :rotfl:

Well, that plan seems to be working out pretty good for you! I am a little akin to an unpaid bill though.

Hypnotoad said:
Welcome! Where in Minnesota are you from? There's a few of us Minnesotans on the forum.

I live in Waseca, a town that for those of you old enough that are outdoorsmen or amateur radio operators might sound familiar to you because of Herter's or E.F.Johnson Company.

barron03 said:

Now, this becomes interesting. How is it that one of the vehicles in your GMTNation "garage" looks like it is parked near the Lutheran Church in Waterville, MN?

barron03

Nov 20, 2011
Old Coot said:
Now, this becomes interesting. How is it that one of the vehicles in your GMTNation "garage" looks like it is parked near the Lutheran Church in Waterville, MN?

It is,I live across the street from the church.:smile:

barron03

Nov 20, 2011
If your ever in the neighborhood stop by :thumbsup:

Old Coot

Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Wow! I would ask where all the Canadians came from, but, the obvious answer is Canada. Do I need a passport to send data across the border? Hi guys! Now, I have to ask, Are you fellows burning oxigenated fuel or do you get the use the real thing ... gasoline?:confused:

barron03 said:
If your ever in the neighborhood stop by :thumbsup:

I will do that. I still have relatives up there and some old high school friends, too.

Thanks for the invitation.

Numbnutz

Dec 11, 2011
Old Coot said:
Wow! I would ask where all the Canadians came from, but, the obvious answer is Canada. Do I need a passport to send data across the border? Hi guys! Now, I have to ask, Are you fellows burning oxigenated fuel or do you get the use the real thing ... gasoline?:confused:

HAHA No passport needed for data .... YET, now that the ideas out there you never know what those political folks will do.

I think our fake "gas" is a blend of the real thing and ethanol.

Oh BTW ... welcome to the nation :2thumbsup:.

Old Coot

Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Numbnutz said:
HAHA No passport needed for data .... YET, now that the ideas out there you never know what those political folks will do.:.

Boy, isn't that the truth! The only time it is safe is when they are in recess.

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Hello Old Coot, Welcome to the Nation, it's where all the cool kids hang out :smile:

Old Coot

Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
NewfieEnvoy said:
Hello Old Coot, Welcome to the Nation, it's where all the cool kids hang out :smile:

Newfie,

That cool kid in your avatar is about to get a warm welcome, too. I know from personal experience about that sort of thing at about same age.

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
Not to hijack the thread, (welcome from me too)

the Post had an article on the lamp that hangs in front of the white house, and indicated that President Harrison was there when they put new fangled electric lights (run by a generator in the basement) and it seems that sometimes the pres and first lady would sleep with the lights on because they were afraid to turn the rotary switch, afraid of a shock.

it should be pointed out that there was no electricity in his house, unlike the about to get smarter young man in Newfie's avatar you mentioned

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Old Coot said:
Newfie,

That cool kid in your avatar is about to get a warm welcome, too. I know from personal experience about that sort of thing at about same age.

I remember trying to help dad paint as a young boy so I got a butter knife and starting taking the faceplates off. Didn't go so well.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
NewfieEnvoy said:
I remember trying to help dad paint as a young boy so I got a butter knife and starting taking the faceplates off. Didn't go so well.

Is that when you learned "Use the right tool for the job"? :rotfl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Moore

Members Online