Heavy Vibration in Gear

dmunchak

Original poster
Oct 18, 2013
I have an '04 Envoy 4.2, I6, RWD.

New Plugs, New Motor Mounts, Replaced PCM, performed Case Relearn at local shop, throttle body is spotless.

I am still getting a very heavy vibration while in gear, also engine feels like it going to jump out of the hood when it is cut off.

ANy thoughts?

nygiantsfan

Sep 30, 2013
arcing through the coil pack boot, it's a long run to the plug. seen this with ford 5.4L doing this. may see a small tell tail puncture of carbon on the coil pack boot to the plug, i should show a misfire code,but it may not

Heavyblaze

Dec 5, 2011
Did you replace the motor mounts with factory one the aftermarket they say they vibrate more then the factory are best to get.:crazy:

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
Heavyblaze said:
Did you replace the motor mounts with factory one the aftermarket they say they vibrate more then the factory are best to get.:crazy:

:yes:

I made the mistake of buying Anchor brand motor mounts for my Envoy... it vibrated worse than the "bad" original ac-delcos. Returned them to rockauto, bought delcos, and the truck was smooth as butter after.

dmunchak

Original poster
Oct 18, 2013
Motor mounts installed were factory.

Not throwing any misfire codes. I'll investigate the coil packs once the rain stops.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I'd guess water in the spark plug well for #4 or small amounts of oil or water in any of them, except you already changed the plugs. Did you use Delco 41-103? Leaky injectors. carbon build-up? Have you ever tried injector cleaner or a Seafoam treatment?

Why did you change the PCM? A real problem traced to it, or just on speculation? Pretty expensive guess if that's the case.

dmunchak

Original poster
Oct 18, 2013
Changed PCM due to the trouble code for "PCM failure". Repeated stalling at idle. Got a tuned one from pcms4less.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online