Heading to the track tomorrow

gsf1200m

Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
Last time I raced the TB the best I got was 16.0@88mph. I had a pcmforless tune and a drop in K&N. This time I have the tune, volant intake, efans, and a ported throttle body. Hopefully I will get something a little faster. Unfortunately it looks like the temperature will be in the mid 90s, I hope that doesn't kill my time too much. It will be 30 degrees warmer than when I first ran.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
gsf1200m said:
Last time I raced the TB the best I got was 16.0@88mph. I had a pcmforless tune and a drop in K&N. This time I have the tune, volant intake, efans, and a ported throttle body. Hopefully I will get something a little faster. Unfortunately it looks like the temperature will be in the mid 90s, I hope that doesn't kill my time too much. It will be 30 degrees warmer than when I first ran.

Go ahead and complete your user profile. I can't tell which TB and engine you have or where you are racing.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
yea i was going to say.. times in the 16's is definetly the I6...

i wouldnt get my hopes up too high.. i would say maybe a few tenths, to one tenth off.. maybe even no change at all due to the hot temps and DA (density alititude) at the track... try to reduce some weight... remove the rear seats, spare tire, jack, and go on half a tank of gas or less... when i ran my SS last year in the hot temps, i had slower times... anything over 85*, i wouldnt take my SS to the track...

gsf1200m

Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
A few tenths off would be sweet, I will take anything under 16 seconds. I took everything out that is easy enough. It is just for fun so I left the seats in but I am running on empty right now. My brother wanted to go to race his bike for the first time. I would be racing mine but if you go under 11 or over 120mph you need leather pants and a tethered kill switch. I don't have those yet so they wouldn't let me race again after my first pass.

million-miles

Jan 10, 2012
I think he ment was a couple of tenths off like you will be running 16.1 16.2. When it warms up that much it just kills your times. Down here in the south the humidity kills it even more. But good luck.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online