• uploadfromtaptalk1417991900852.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417991900852.jpg
    451 KB · Views: 44

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
HARDTRAILZ said:
Bought used in early 2009...
Put a Thule basket on basically right away, but stock otherwise. Promised it would stay that way as well....

Then MarkMC 2.5 inch lift w Bilstien HD's all around
2.jpg

and some 265-70-17 Silent Armors
3.jpg

Then 2 inch body lift which negated the brushguards
6.jpg

Then some Pro Comp Wheels and tires
7.jpg

Then upped it to a 3 inch body lift
Great pics... question: did you change the OEM 6bolt-5in rims to the 6-5.5in rim (silverado) with your spacers. If so did you use Mark's spacer ?

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Yes and yes

Reactions: Capote

swede

Jun 22, 2014
Love your sticker on left rear window :crackup: :crackup:

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Swapped in some new headlights and a wheel hub.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Swapped the stock headlight housings for some basic replacements due to the factory getting some oxidation internally. Not sure how, but they are smooth outside and a mess inside. I reused my VVME 35 watt 5000K HID lows and some cheap fake hid in the highs.

Before:

After:

Ballast spot

Covers to keep out crap from housing

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Someone said to post my Scangauge mounting. I got a couple pics and it showcases the mpg I am getting. At 70 I run about 2000 rpm and after a dozen blocks of city driving and 10 miles of interstate at 70 I was looking at 17.4

I got off the interstate and jumped on a side road and saw the mog climb to 18.0 and hold pretty steady while doing 50

I like the position of the Scangauge for easy use and view without blocking any other gauges or what not. Definitely one of my favorite tools.

RacecarStuff

Feb 9, 2015
uploadfromtaptalk1423548249800.jpeg when you were running this setup, was it just the 2.5" suspension and 3" body lift? and what were the tire and wheel specs? this stance is pretty much exactly where I want my Envoy to end up. thanks.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I think it was 2.5 suspension w the 88 springs plus 3 inch body.

17x9 with 305 65 17 tires and 1.3 inch adaptors.

Reactions: RacecarStuff

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Current winter/commuter setup:

No basket, stock crossbars, winch in rear cargo area. Lil more aero dynamic since I tend to use it for the 135 mile daily drive more with snow. Been getting 16-17 mpg consistently at 70-75 doing so for the last couple weeks. Not bad for winter fuel.

Reactions: Mounce and Capote

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
This week the rig got new rear diff fluid....80w90 dino oil seems to have the quieted the locker quite a bit. Also some new AutoTrak II for the TC. Popped new hub on the drivers side since I did the passenger and will keep the one pulled for a trail spare. Also ordered up some new Moog lower control arms with the 08 style sway bar links so will be building new links once they get here.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Tossed the basket back up top. Painted the hood all white for now. Washed it. Filled it with fuel. Added new reverse led lights.

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
One minor concern regards the bottom protection skid plate, that seems like a bear to take off every time an oil change is due.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
It is the price to pay to have proper armor on our rigs.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Its a couple bolts. Well worth it and should be done anyway to clean mud n such off skids anyway.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
FYI- It took approximately 90 seconds longer to change the oil with the removal and reinstall of the skid.

Changed the mounts on the light bars and slapped the hi lift back on. Did some wire brushing and painting. Removed most decals. Got rid of orange accents. Got LED tails. Started swapping to new winch so the old can go to live on the trailer. Swapped the grill again. Cleaned off skids and changed oil. Found a rag in the garage and gave the boy a hose and we gave it a quick bath. Thank goodness white hides so much and pics dont show the bumps and bruises so much. Basically got a day and spent it trying to clean up and dial in the rig.

[/quote]

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
She's looking great as always bud! I like the clean up of the decals, I too suffered from decalitus [emoji23]

Reactions: Sib

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Been a bit, but I got some updates in the works. A new winch bumper is at powdercoat now and some new to me projector headlights. Also have some 5125 rear shocks to toss on. Picked up some doors my buddy Regulator started cutting for trail use and he then traded them to me to get some that match his body lines better. Little work and I think they will be nice. Kept mirrors and uses factory latching.

Sneak peak pics

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
FYI- It took approximately 90 seconds longer to change the oil with the removal and reinstall of the skid.

Changed the mounts on the light bars and slapped the hi lift back on. Did some wire brushing and painting. Removed most decals. Got rid of orange accents. Got LED tails. Started swapping to new winch so the old can go to live on the trailer. Swapped the grill again. Cleaned off skids and changed oil. Found a rag in the garage and gave the boy a hose and we gave it a quick bath. Thank goodness white hides so much and pics dont show the bumps and bruises so much. Basically got a day and spent it trying to clean up and dial in the rig.

[/QUOTE]

Easily the best TB out there! Looks great man!

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Get a hold of BartonMD he is also on ORTB. a little search goes a long ways.

Reactions: Mirage

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Yep. Got the book of faces. i run one of the pages for our platform on there.

Lights all hooked up. Need to aim headlights, but got the marker lights working for first time in awhile. What to put the side LED strips on a switch or with the parking lights. The bumper lights do quite well for 27 watt Amazon units.

Last edited:

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Yep. Got the book of faces. i run the one page for our platform on there.

Lights all hooked up. Need to aim headlights, but got the marker lights working for first time in awhile. What to put the side LED strips on a switch or with the parking lights. The bumper lights do quite well for 27 watt Amazon units.

Damn that thing is a beast!

Mirage

Feb 23, 2014

nice lights! can you get some night shots from the drivers seat?

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Once I get them dialed in I will.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Why? I post my info on here so it is searchable.

Reactions: dmanns67

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
You wont get shit from FB from me. I dont like it really. It is not a place for tech n such at all imo. You will get far better info and response via the forum than there.

Done my fair share of jeeps n old chevys. Still have a big ole 91 Burban on 36s that I need to get bakc on the road and a ZJ that has a pile of parts waiting for my time to play with it.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Its in the thread if you read it....

but here it is for current. I have Bilstein 5125's in my garage to install though since i was told they are digressive valving more appropriate for my needs.

New rear shock. Rough Country I went with 20051. The one mount is wrong but I had extra metal bushings and swapped it out. I am sure you can talk to rough country and get metal bushings that will work or they likely have another product number with out the bolt-on mount and with the typical sleeve we need. \

Pics of shock

Pics of them mounted:

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio

What headlights are those?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.