GTA Area Meet - Anyone interested??

CdnGMan

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Hey all...

Anyone in the mood for a summertime meet & greet in the GTA area???
Now, this doesn't mean that those of you "north of Barrie" are excluded, but with all the mods I plan to have done to Canyonaro within the next month (courtesy of Stef), I'd like to show them off to fellow members...

I don't mind driving south (Niagara Falls), north (Midland), east (Kingston) or southwest (Corunna) or even staying put in the city and having a monster photoshoot in that garage I came across... :wink:

So let's start thinking about it!! :yes:

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
Well, I'm glad that you didn't exclude the fine folks 'North of Barrie'. :smile:
My truck isn't so fancy these days, but My wife is eager to show off her's! :yes:
(I wonder how many days ahead should I leave with the grader and still make it in time? :undecided: Stef mentioned something about chroming the wheels for me!!!)

I'm in.
I'm good for any location in Ontario.
Any weekend too.

I'd be keen on getting some of the guys from Ottawa in.
I wouldn't mind meeting up with Mooseman myself. I'd like to check out his efans on his I6. :thumbsup:

Greg, are you going to see Stef on a weekend? If so, I don't mind popping down to 'Cottage Country' to install a 6-hi mod for ya. :wink:

CdnGMan

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
06Envoy said:
Well, I'm glad that you didn't exclude the fine folks 'North of Barrie'. :smile:
My truck isn't so fancy these days, but My wife is eager to show off her's! :yes:
(I wonder how many days ahead should I leave with the grader and still make it in time? :undecided: Stef mentioned something about chroming the wheels for me!!!)

I wouldn't think of excluding y'all - no sir! It'll be good to finally meet up with you and the Missus... :thumbsup:

I'm in.
I'm good for any location in Ontario.
Any weekend too.

Same here, pretty much any weekend in July or August for me...

I'd be keen on getting some of the guys from Ottawa in.
I wouldn't mind meeting up with Mooseman myself. I'd like to check out his efans on his I6. :thumbsup:

I've never been to Ottawa, so that would be a good road trip for sure!!

Greg, are you going to see Stef on a weekend? If so, I don't mind popping down to 'Cottage Country' to install a 6-hi mod for ya. :wink:

Absolutely!!! That would be awesome as I already have a boatload of things I "need" him to do...
Hmmmm... let me see.... install safari bar (and lights?), install LED eyebrows, install LED strips in the footwells, install HIDs, relocate GPS power cord behind the dash, install fog lights - if I can source a replacement set... I'm sure that I'll have more on that list by the time I make it up there too... :wink:

Now hopefully that won't take him too long as I'd like to shampoo the engine as well... :raspberry:

Once I get back from Rochester this weekend and recheck his schedule, I'll have an idea - don't worry tho, I'll make sure you have more than enough lead time!! :thumbsup:
I wanna see that grader!!! :rotfl:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Greg.

Bring a tent. You're gonna be here a few days with a list that long!! :raspberry:

Oh, and the party favours are on you, since you're pretty much just gonna be contributing adult supervision. BTW, if you're gonna be the cheering squad, you better shave, otherwise you're gonna look silly in that cheerleader's costume & pom poms. :poke:

CdnGMan

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Hey all... with the summer in full swing, I'm thinking it's time that we get out from behind the keyboards and actually get together...

While not a GMTN-sanctioned event, there's a GMT-based meet planned (by another truck site) for Aug 4, 2012 in Mississauga (Erindale Park - 1695 Dundas Street West)...
It starts at 10am and goes until whenever... based on what I can see, there should be a fair turnout - we may even be able to recruit a couple members too, if we get lucky! :wink:

I plan on getting Canyonaro all dolled up to represent GMTN that day...
Hopefully, some of you will join me... :thumbsup:

PS. If the mods deem this post unsuitable as it's a non-GMTN event, that's fair enough - I'm just looking to get people out & together...

dave_stumph

Dec 5, 2011
I'm in!! Although my voy is nothing to look at..... I would love to meet and great other owners.
Hmmmmm....... Mabey I can get someone to install an e-fan for me?? :smile:

From Kitchener so it's an easy drive for me :smile:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
I don't see you getting squashed for that Greg... There are many others that attend other "kinds" of meets and post about them...

I, for one, will not be able to attend as I will be in Jail that day... :biggrin:

Working. WORKING!!!! For those of you who haven't figured that out yet... :rotfl:

CdnGMan

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
dave_stumph said:
I'm in!! Although my voy is nothing to look at..... I would love to meet and great other owners.
Hmmmmm....... Mabey I can get someone to install an e-fan for me?? :smile:

From Kitchener so it's an easy drive for me :smile:

That's good news Dave... when I first started going to meets, Canyonaro was nothing to look at either - as Stef can attest to... she was about as plain & boring as it gets... but it's all about time and doing the little things to make your ride yours... it'll happen all in good time... :thumbsup:

As for that e-fan... I'm hearing mixed reviews about it, but mebbe someone at the meet will be able to chime in and give their :twocents: worth... :wink:

harmless said:
I don't see you getting squashed for that Greg... There are many others that attend other "kinds" of meets and post about them...

I, for one, will not be able to attend as I will be in Jail that day... :biggrin:

Working. WORKING!!!! For those of you who haven't figured that out yet... :rotfl:

That's good news... I wasn't sure about what the rules were regarding the posting of other events / meets and such...

That sucks about you working that day Stef... I was hoping you'd be able to shampoo my engine before heading out there!!! :rotfl::poke::rotfl:
I mean, I can't be "Mall Rated" with a dirty engine... can I? :raspberry:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Shampoo your... wait?! WHAT?!?

Heyyyy When did I get roped into detailing your ride too!??! :confused:

I'll teach you what to use and how to use it. How about that? (that teach a man to fish thing comes to mind...)

Two cents about e-fans? :eek: Since I feel I'm being prodded here... :tongue:

After my first and last dinking around with e-fans, I have a very strong opinion of them and it isn't sugar-coated or good. I'm also happily never going to touch one of those setups again, I'll have the world know. :hissyfit:

Just putting that out there. :lipsrsealed:

Now. When's the next meet that I can actually attend? :raspberry:

dave_stumph

Dec 5, 2011
I still got the clutch fan and for now its working..... But its good to know about the e-fans not being so user friendly. Looking forward to the meet!! I be there!!

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I'll come too if I can make it happen. The Envoy is the only vehicle we have right now. Mines nothing special to look at, someday I'll get the engine cover like the Saab has n put a Denali logo on it. I do have lots of new parts from all my issues and after this week will even have a new Front CV Shaft too. If I make it out I'll bring all my service records and see if I win a prize for having the most issues. Upper Ball joint last week, speed control actuator the week before, transfer case output shaft the week before that, all my liftgate issues the week before that, engine oil in coolant befor that, new rad hoses, new driver side seat cover, fog light bulb, brake light n license bulb....,

Not sure what's gonna break next.....

I'll post again when I know if I can make it that day. Sure looking forward too meeting you all in person!!

ieatglue

Nov 20, 2011
Make an event on the facebook page so that we all (I) remember :biggrin:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
CdnGMan said:
Done... now I totally expect to see you out there... you have no excuses... :raspberry:

He's a sneaky guy... I've only ever met him once. Ya gotta watch him. :raspberry:

CdnGMan

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Ok.... so who can I expect to see out there on Saturday??
I know Stef won't be there as he'll be too busy messing up another mod or working... or some other lame excuse.... (I'm kidding!!! :rotfl:)

What about you Rawad??? I didn't see you accept the Facebook event at all... you gonna stand me up?? Hmmmm??

What about the rest of ya??? :raspberry:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
CdnGMan said:
Ok.... so who can I expect to see out there on Saturday??
I know Stef won't be there as he'll be too busy messing up another mod or working... or some other lame excuse.... (I'm kidding!!! :rotfl:)

What about you Rawad??? I didn't see you accept the Facebook event at all... you gonna stand me up?? Hmmmm??

What about the rest of ya??? :raspberry:

I gonna try and drop by for a visit,

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
I already told you Imma gonna be in jail this weekend. :biggrin:

No one wanted to post my bail (or gimme vacation time). :rotfl:

Mebbe next time. :redface:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
CdnGMan said:
Yeah, yeah... I know... mind if I send ya pics tho?? :tongue:

For sure!

pics-post-pics-never-happened-bbq-pancakes-black-man-white-w-demotivational-poster-1218727947.jpg

:biggrin:

CdnGMan

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Anyone wanna do a BBQ or something??
I may be able to obtain a portable propane BBQ... actually, I'm gonna bring some burgers & sausages w/ buns... feel free to do the same!

And from what I just saw on the other forum, somebody is bringing a BBQ!!

Bring yer foodz!!
View attachment 22132

Attachments

• February-24-2012-23-46-00-tumblrlu60nqIo291r20hi2o1500.jpg
    February-24-2012-23-46-00-tumblrlu60nqIo291r20hi2o1500.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 53

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
CdnGMan said:
Anyone wanna do a BBQ or something??
I may be able to obtain a portable propane BBQ... actually, I'm gonna bring some burgers & sausages w/ buns... feel free to do the same!

And from what I just saw on the other forum, somebody is bringing a BBQ!!

Bring yer foodz!!
View attachment 8384

I'm guessing the meet is in a parking lot at a mall, I don't know...I guess there ain't enough of us to move to a park with picnic tables to do a BBQ. I just realized I still got beach sand all over the inside of the truck and it hasn't been washed in a while. A few Buds and a few hours and it'll look okay. It's a stocker.

CdnGMan

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Denali n DOO said:
I'm guessing the meet is in a parking lot at a mall, I don't know...I guess there ain't enough of us to move to a park with picnic tables to do a BBQ. I just realized I still got beach sand all over the inside of the truck and it hasn't been washed in a while. A few Buds and a few hours and it'll look okay. It's a stocker.

Nope.. it's at a park actually... check my initial post... (details below) :wink:

ERINDALE PARK
1695 Dundas Street West
Mississauga, ON

Driving Directions - Erindale Park - Mississauga, ON

SATURDAY AUGUST 4th/2012 10:00am-11:00pm

No specific PICNIC AREA BOOKED
There is parking available for 400 vehicles with 5 picnic areas, seating over 100 people per site.

Erindale Park is the largest park in the City (222.1 acres or 89.88 hectares) and features 5 picnic facility areas, 5 barbecues, 6 comfort stations, 1 playground equipment area, a lookout on the old dam and a toboggan hill. This park also offers walking trails, fishing, canoeing and spectacular views of the Credit River and tall ravines. The park is inviting to bird watchers, photographers and anyone at all who enjoys getting back to nature.

Yahoo! Search - Web Search

Read more: Official Central Canada Summer Truck Meet

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
CdnGMan said:
Nope.. it's at a park actually... check my initial post... (details below) :wink:

ERINDALE PARK
1695 Dundas Street West
Mississauga, ON

Driving Directions - Erindale Park - Mississauga, ON

SATURDAY AUGUST 4th/2012 10:00am-11:00pm

No specific PICNIC AREA BOOKED
There is parking available for 400 vehicles with 5 picnic areas, seating over 100 people per site.

Erindale Park is the largest park in the City (222.1 acres or 89.88 hectares) and features 5 picnic facility areas, 5 barbecues, 6 comfort stations, 1 playground equipment area, a lookout on the old dam and a toboggan hill. This park also offers walking trails, fishing, canoeing and spectacular views of the Credit River and tall ravines. The park is inviting to bird watchers, photographers and anyone at all who enjoys getting back to nature.

Yahoo! Search - Web Search

Read more: Official Central Canada Summer Truck Meet

Oh perfect! So you got a BBQ then? Ill bring some sausages and buns. I don't have a cell phone but sure I'll find you and Dave...

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
CdnGMan said:
One of the guys on the other forum is bringing one, but I think I'll bring one as well... better safe than sorry... :wink:

I might even bring my son along, he's 10 and likes anything with an engine in it.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:hijack: The REAL reason Stef isn't coming to your meet... :crackup:

harmless said:
...For the next meet, we should all dress up as Superhero Characters and see how that works out. :biggrin:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Blckshdw said:

Lol, Ya he musta been serious because I think I seen a Wonderwoman costume in the back of his SS once :rotfl: ...and he has Linda Carter posters on his garage walls :rotfl: ....She's busy busting good people out of Jail tomorrow!

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
Aw you guys.....
I was debating on going or not....I'd have to leave by 5:00am to get there for 10.

And now you say there is food?
Arg!!!!!!!! Cookies too?
If someone brings Orero's, I'll go. :yes:
If I go, I warn you all my truck hasn't been washed in some time. I'll be the dirty one.

PS, I think the REAL reason Stef isn't coming is that I challanged him to a race. He doesn't want me to show up Harmless...
That whole being in jail/no vacation thing is just a cover..... :wink:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
06Envoy said:
Aw you guys.....
I was debating on going or not....I'd have to leave by 5:00am to get there for 10.

Arg!!!!!!!! Cookies too?
If I go, I warn you all my truck hasn't been washed in some time. I'll be the dirty one.

PS, I think the REAL reason Stef isn't coming is that I challanged him to a race. He doesn't want me to show up Harmless...

I'll bring the Oreo's if that what it takes, i'llbring extra sausage, buns and salad too!

CdnGMan

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
06Envoy said:
Aw you guys.....

We plan to be there all day G... no need to kill yourself to get there for the start of it...

Arg!!!!!!!! Cookies too?

I'll park beside you then so Canyonaro looks even cleaner!!! :rotfl:

I know... that seems to be his story, and he's sticking to it too!! :raspberry:

CdnGMan

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Toronto

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
CdnGMan said:
...and a toboggan hill.

I want pics of you using that toboggan hill. :raspberry:

Blckshdw said:

Hrmm... Yeah. I'd still be up for something like that. No, it's not the reason I can't go.

The real reason: Harmless' cape is in the shop for repairs and I just moonlight as a correctional officer cause I wanna miss out on meets... :hissyfit:

Denali n DOO said:
Lol, Ya he musta been serious because I think I seen a Wonderwoman costume in the back of his SS once :rotfl: ...and he has Linda Carter posters on his garage walls :rotfl: ....She's busy busting good people out of Jail tomorrow!

No, all that stuff's in the "VIP Quarters" of my BatCave. BTW, that costume was my wife's. :tongue: I like to dress up like Catwoman. :rotfl: Mmmm Leather & claws...

06Envoy said:

:hahano: You're on ANYTIME my Oreo munching buddy... You know what? If you've got time to kill and you're in Midland for 8pm Saturday night (on the way back home), I've got two places we can choose for this little showdown you want so badly. :poke:

CdnGMan said:
I know... that seems to be his story, and he's sticking to it too!! :raspberry:

ONLY CAUSE IT'S TRUE!!!! :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :badday: :banghead:

06Envoy said:
Can we bring our motorized toys? :biggrin:

You would have had to leave 3 weeks ago if you wanted to bring Old Yeller. :bonk:

Someone have a burger for me. This weekend will suck now. Thanks. :sadcry:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Damn, why wouldn't four different sets of friends drop by for a beer tinight while I try to clean the f'n truck :hissyfit: , so long story short version Denali is still dirty!! Gotta get up early now and finish detailing in the morning. Did someone say toboggan hill? Sounds like off road to me and that's why Harmless won't come...

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
harmless said:
This weekend will suck now. Thanks. :sadcry:
*cough* *cough*
That sounds like a nasty cold coming on there Stef, you'd better take the weekend off and look after yourself.... at a park! :wink:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
06Envoy said:
*cough* *cough*
That sounds like a nasty cold coming on there Stef, you'd better take the weekend off and look after yourself.... at a park! :wink:

Yeah, I'd love to... long weekend... big pay... can't do it... :lipsrsealed:

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
Well, I'm here! Only took 4 hours! It's amazing what a pcm4l tune with no speed governer can do!

I'm parked by the washrooms in the shade.

The parking lot is already half full, and I don't see a banner yet.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
06Envoy said:
Well, I'm here! Only took 4 hours! It's amazing what a pcm4l tune with no speed governer can do!

I'm parked by the washrooms in the shade.

The parking lot is already half full, and I don't see a banner yet.

I'll be on my way shortly 11:15-11:30 arrival, can you save me a spot by you guys, tree n shade is fine too, I have no cell, silver Denali , flag me down if you see me coming.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online