FEEDBACK Great Site

Divehard

Original poster
May 27, 2014
Just wanted to say that I stumbled on this site while troubleshooting some trailblazer problems and it really helped out. I'm more of a lurker than a poster but felt that I needed to say thanks to all the people that helped make my life a little easier with their tips by sharing their sweat equity with everyone on this site.

Soooo, It all started like this....My brother gave me his 02 trailblazer after he gave up on it. I tried to convince him to let me drive it for a few days and work out the bugs for him, but after being whooped by the local Chevy dealer since it was new, he was done.. After being out of the auto repair biz for more than 15 years I was a little rusty. Thank God and Snap-on that I kept most of my tools over the years. Yup, even the old Snap-on scanner still pulled trouble codes in generic OBD2 mode and let me see some basic sensor functions. That along with a digital multimeter,12 volt test light and this forum got me through a number of issues with relative ease..

Thanks for helping me fix the hot soak, hard start/no start condition, the 4WD issues and perform some maintenance items to make this a dependable daily driver. Just wish those PA winters didn't rag out the body as much, but that's going to be another project. At 108K miles I'm just starting to break this buggy in.

FYI, I replaced CTS, thermostat & housing, removed & cleaned throttle body, outside air sensor, 4WD selector switch, rear door speakers, re-welded the CAT exhaust leak at the rear hanger, fixed the driver door latch, trunk latch and right rear window (dealer never could find window problem for my bro which was wiring harness body connector in door pillar, bent connector pin from asembly I guess). Also did some maintenance, serpentine belt, oil change and all filters along with front pads and rotors. Only thing left to do is remove the front skid plates and track down a small oil leak (just started to see a couple spots in the driveway but no real measureable loss on the dipstick yet).

Well, again Thanks, for a great informative site.

JamesL3

Oct 16, 2013
Northfield, OH
At 108k there's plenty of life left in it. Good thing you took the time (and $) to save it from the scrap yard! Welcome

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Welcome aboard.

This site has given me the confidence to tackle a few things that would have otherwise been straight to my mechanic. I've easily saved $150 a pop. On our way out to the Carlisle show my wife commented that we should keep the Envoy as long as possible and I agreed. Keep up with maintenance and address the common issues which are - fortunately - not too serious on TB's & Voy's and they should give you many many miles.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
We also make sure his shots are up to date :biggrin:

Reactions: Texan and Mounce

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
He nibbles

Divehard

Original poster
May 27, 2014
Thanks for the warm welcome all. I plan on being around for a long time so I guess I'll join in when I get an opportunity,

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online