Got Ham Radio?

Old Coot

Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Just curious, who all has an amateur radio license and when were you first on the air?

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Not yet, hope to attend the class/test the EMA hosts sometime this year.

Old Coot

Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
Porkins said:
Not yet, hope to attend the class/test the EMA hosts sometime this year.

Hey, I am glad to hear that. I have been continuously licensed since the early '70's and it sure has been fun! You get to chat with people all over the world and like GMTNation, you never know who is going to chime in.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
There are a few of us around. I have had my license since 96. Did some radio comms while in the military.

Old Coot

Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
I have only had my TB for 17 days now and have not even looked to see where radios or antennas might go ... I will wait until the Spring thaw.

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
I have an ROC license for marine VHF and a back ground in electronics comms so I've always wanted to get my HAM radio license. Always had a CB radio in my cars years ago. A group of us would get together on an idle summer night a play foxhole, or that's what we called it. One person drove some where and parked, usually with a half case of beer :wink: They would make a hint broadcast every 5-10 minutes and the chasers would try and track them down, watch your bars. When you thing your close, unplug your antenna, if you still pick them up then you know your on top of them :biggrin:

lairdt

Dec 12, 2012
I passed my Tech & General in 2010, got Extra in 2011. Still working on getting my new mobile installed into my TB, mostly waiting for warmer dry weather.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
General class since 2008, licensed since 2007. I have a 2m rig in the TB in the center console with a magmount 1/4 wave antenna.

Newfie, we call that fox hunting. Great for honing your locating skills.

Old Coot, are you on any other boards? Your name looks familiar.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Licensed since 1982. Now an extra class. Have 2m/440 in the Voy and 2m/440 and HF in the Silverado but only a VHF/UHF antenna on it. Hoping to put an HF antenna there this spring.

05envoy

Sep 13, 2015
-.-- . ... / ... .. -. -.-. . / .---- ----. ----. .---- / ...- . --... -- --. ..-.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online