FEEDBACK GMTNation recognition

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Hey everyone,

Just the other day I was going through some search results related to TBs and Envoys etc. and most of the pics were displayed from GMTNation.com. @Capote saw yours as well with the GMTNation logo at the bottom of your TB and I just thought what if we add a little watermark when we upload pics with the GMTNation logo at the bottom, maybe help improve the sites traffic

What are your thoughts?

Reactions: rizzo20

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Hey everyone,

Just the other day I was going through some search results related to TBs and Envoys etc. and most of the pics were displayed from GMTNation.com. @Capote saw yours as well with the GMTNation logo at the bottom of your TB and I just thought what if we add a little watermark when we upload pics with the GMTNation logo at the bottom, maybe help improve the sites traffic

What are your thoughts?
Adding a watermark to every photo would be difficult as most of us upload pictures and browse the forum on the phone.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Adding a watermark to every photo would be difficult as most of us upload pictures and browse the forum on the phone.

I guess so, another way could be the site doing it itself, dunno if that would be possible.

I was on my laptop hence it seeming easier to me :2thumbsup:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I guess so, another way could be the site doing it itself, dunno if that would be possible.

I was on my laptop hence it seeming easier to me :2thumbsup:
Watermarking pics won't help with traffic really unless it's tagged with #GMTNation somewhere online.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Any idea is a good one. I don't know if the forum software is capable of doing it though. Can certainly push it up.

When doing image searches, Google already points back to the originating site and has a link to it. I know I use that button to take me to it for more images or info.

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Any idea is a good one. I don't know if the forum software is capable of doing it though. Can certainly push it up.

When doing image searches, Google already points back to the originating site and has a link to it. I know I use that button to take me to it for more images or info.

Yeah, but in my opinion if it appears on the pic, you cant miss it if you know what I mean. Just a thought cause I saw my Uncle just save some diagrams directly from google about something and not even bothering to open the site which had instructions and all.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Definitely. If you print it and it's watermarked, can't miss it.

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Definitely. If you print it and it's watermarked, can't miss it.

Yep, hopefully I will be adding watermarks to my pics at least going forward. Planning to do the spark plugs and throttle body soon, hopefully will do a write up and have the pics with the GMTNation logo at the bottom

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Our software does not support putting watermarks on..

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
No, not at all. In fact, we encourage it!

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Out of the box, our forum software doesn't support it, however, I may be able to get some third party software to enable this type of behavior to existing and future image uploads. If the staff and members think it's something worth looking into further, I'm open to it.

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Out of the box, our forum software doesn't support it, however, I may be able to get some third party software to enable this type of behavior to existing and future image uploads. If the staff and members think it's something worth looking into further, I'm open to it.

That means a lot to me. Really, if you didn't know I would LOVE to support the site by donating, sadly I still don't have a credit card or any means to donate to the site at the moment, hence I would like to do my part by being active, and trying to promote it using my time, cause I have a lot of that.

Thanks for all the great effort, time and money you guys have put into the site..

Reactions: Capote and Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online