G80/G86

DustinC1989

Original poster
Apr 12, 2013
I am aware that the G80 is the gov. lock and G86 is the limited slip... but my according to my tag I have both????
Anyone ever seen that before?

It's a 03 Sierra 1500HD AWD

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
What do you mean by your "tag?" The list of RPO codes? No clue on how the RPOs ad options on a Sierra go, but depending on the options available it may be that one of your differentials (likely the rear) is a locker and the other an LSD instead of being a standard open.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Do you have the Quadrasteer? I was under the impression that Quadrasteer had the 86 as a rear option while non-QS had just the G80 locker option.

But if both codes are there, printed in the glovebox, my original answer may be in the right direction but I myself don't accept it as anything more than a theory as I can't solidify it through any amount of Googling I've tried.

DustinC1989

Original poster
Apr 12, 2013
Yes I have QS, I also was under the impression that they got a form of limited slip rear and open front.
First time I've ever seen G80 and G86 together... and mine is the only one I've seen in the area so I can't check to see if it's something standard.

But your theory was the same as mine, but figured I'd ask since Google returned nothing about the subject or even remotely helpful

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
just took a peek at the rpo lists for my various chevys, my 96 impala shows G80 although I know it is an LSD and always has been. so, who knows what's going on :confused:

DustinC1989

Original poster
Apr 12, 2013
I've got to track down a new diff cover gasket for the rear before I can open it up to check what's really in there.

Even the Denali trucks forum hasn't had a response yet...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online