SOLVED! Fuel pressure regulator bolts

Elizabetty

Original poster
Dec 2, 2022
Wisconsin
While looking at things under the hood today, I noticed that I am missing a bolt around what looks like the bracket on the fuel pressure regulator. I've watched videos of people swapping that part out and everybody puts two bolts back in but I only have one. It would be the one that screws in from the top down holding two pieces of metal together. It's not the bolt that directly connects. I'll hunt for a bolt but in the meantime I'm wondering what damage would potentially happen with that bolt not keeping that bracket tightly cinched. I'm under the impression it's function is basically for security to hold it in place but without understanding what's happening while fuel is running, I don't know if that bracket or plate jiggles around without that bolt and potentially does anything wonky with the fuel. Again, a question from a very uneducated person so I apologize if this is common knowledge to everyone else.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Although I've never touched mine, it appears to be the one that holds the FPR to the fuel line. I'd replace it ASAP as a fuel line that gets disconnected would be bad. No idea of the thread or pitch but it's likely metric but it doesn't have to be with a Torx head. It can be a regular hex head. It's likely the same thread as all of the other bolts on this engine.

• Wow
Reactions: Elizabetty

Elizabetty

Original poster
Dec 2, 2022
Wisconsin
Let me just say that while I appreciate the pictures and all the helpful information I receive from you guys, I think my favorite "make me feel at home" part is the zip ties :wink: love it lol

Reactions: Redbeard

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
@TJBaker57 -- what brand is that ratcheting box end? I love the thumbwheels; there've been times where those would have been handy for me. TIA for info. :tiphat:

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
@TJBaker57 -- what brand is that ratcheting box end? I love the thumbwheels; there've been times where those would have been handy for me. TIA for info. :tiphat:

Mine is a GearWrench 85035. One of my go-to sets for all manner of things. I see Gearwrench now has a very similar looking set they call the microdrive.

I can't remember what I paid for the set many years ago, the online pricing seems to be all over the map.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe102938

Members Online