Fuel Filter Difference?

A.Dog

Original poster
Nov 5, 2014
Inherited an '03 Envoy xle 2wd, I6 with 90,000 mi. it runs fine, but I'm sure it needs some TLC. Looking to get it's maintenance up to date. I've tinkered with my share of 350's, but I think even a chimp can't screw up a Chevy 350. I figured a few simple bolt off bolt on operations I can handle. Starting with the plugs and fuel filter. If everything goes well I will pick off a few other things later. I got set AC 41-103 plugs coming, but when looking for a fuel filter I found 3 variations of a AC GF831 filter, a GF 831f and 2 GF 831, one with the clips and one without, do the clips need to be replaced with the filter, and what does the "f" mean? :smile: Any pitfalls or shortcuts for these tasks it would be appreitated. I'm also a person who, while I'm digging into something, if there is something else in the area can I take care of, I like to do it then.
Once I get these couple of things done, what should be next on the hit list?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
A quick search of Summit Racing showed this AC Delco part #88983068. If the clips come with the filter, use them for peace of mind, if for nothing else.

Spray the screws under there for a couple of days. Being in MI, like OH, they'll be rusted.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Those clips do break occasionally during removal so it wouldn't be a bad idea to have them. The difference between the two seems to be the clips where the F version, there are no clips.

linneje

Apr 26, 2012
I was offered a filter at the parts store without the clips. I turned it down. Glad that I did because I had to mangle the old ones to get the old filter off. I sure appreciated the new filter coming with new clips, and I would go that way if I had to do it again.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online