Front-end noise???

godchaser49

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Well, here's my first post, hope someone can help.

I have a 2002 Envoy with 140k miles, it runs great, my problem is when you slow down/stop the front-end squeeks/moans. I crawled under it yesterday and pushed the vehicle up and down to see if it was the shocks and they seem fine, I'm wondering if it's the bushings, ball joints, or something the dealership mentioned (upper tower insulator). I really don't want to just start buying parts and hoping it fixes it, trying to narrow it down to save money. Thanks.

godchaser49

jham

Nov 20, 2011
godchaser49 said:
Well, here's my first post, hope someone can help.

I have a 2002 Envoy with 140k miles, it runs great, my problem is when you slow down/stop the front-end squeeks/moans. I crawled under it yesterday and pushed the vehicle up and down to see if it was the shocks and they seem fine, I'm wondering if it's the bushings, ball joints, or something the dealership mentioned (upper tower insulator). I really don't want to just start buying parts and hoping it fixes it, trying to narrow it down to save money. Thanks.

godchaser49

welcome and here a good start for you http://gmtnation.com/f27/front-end-problems-345/#post5025

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Moved to the appropriate section.:wink:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome. Take a look at the top of the strut tower and see if the isolator is worn. If it is then it is time to replace them. When was the last time you replaced the struts? You might want to replace them again since everything will be apart.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
strut mounts or sway bar links are the typical noise makers...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online