Front Driveshaft Question

Dalton Mathison

Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
South Dakota
Alright so my transmission range sensor has been buggy for about two weeks on my 03' Trailblazer EXT LT 5.3 4X4. I got hurt pretty bad at work the other day so I couldn't do the work myself. Had a small local shop replace my range sensor. On the way back home (about a mile), I heard all kinds of clunks. I know the front driveshaft has to be removed to access the range sensor in this trailblazer. So I swallowed my pain and crawled under to see what I could find since clearly the shop messed something up. And what I found was the caps at the end of the u-joints were barely attached. Pulled the caps off and saw that almost all the needle bearings were gone. It's summer time here, and I hardly use 4x4 anyway, so my question is would I be able to just find a friend to help me unbolt the front DS and remove it completely and still be alright without it until winter time when then I will replace the u joints and get it back on the correct way. Don't want to deal with it right now, so would I be alright just pulling the front driveshaft off and driving without it until I get a chance to fix it and put it back on? Thanks!

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I imagine that it would be fine.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online