Front Control Arm Bushings

cstern71

Feb 16, 2014
WarGawd said:
Can you clarify a bit? Are you saying that the particular parts under discussion in this thread aren't subject to the restriction of torquing down at ride height, because the center sleeves can rotate in their bushings? Is that the function of the grease or are the poly bushings just less "grippy" naturally?

Thx :smile:

Completely missed this question...

I am saying the prothane bushings in this discussion do not necessarily need to be torqued at ride height. The center metal sleeve is not bonded to the polyurethane. You can rotate the polyy independent of the sleeve. With a rubber bushing, the center sleeve is bonded to the rubber. You can't rotate the center sleeve independently.

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
cstern71 said:
Completely missed this question...

I am saying the prothane bushings in this discussion do not necessarily need to be torqued at ride height. The center metal sleeve is not bonded to the polyurethane. You can rotate the polyy independent of the sleeve. With a rubber bushing, the center sleeve is bonded to the rubber. You can't rotate the center sleeve independently.

Naw you didn't miss it, my question was posted quite a bit later than the rest of the posts in the thread, thanx for coming back to add that clarification - it helped :smile:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online