Exhaust manifold

{tpc}

Original poster
Jan 22, 2014
I think in the end I'm just going to end up with a whole new truck, at the rate of finding broken shit and replacing it goes.

That said, on the drivers side it appears that both the front and back bolt heads are gone. On the passenger, just the back bolt head but its difficult to see, however it looks as if in the middle of the manifold there is a crack between 2 bolts or maybe its just shaped different on that side.

Both sides appear to be fairly expensive, though the labor seems not terrible at roughly 2 hours a side. I'm sure this would not be a cheap repair if I take it somewhere.

Surely this is a all day project for me, but I guess I'm just wondering is how bad off is it if I leave it. I'm guessing this is contributing to some gas mileage and low end performance issues, but I haven't noticed a "loud exhaust" or anything like that. If anything the exhaust "note" may have changed slightly over the past year, but my hearing sucks anyways so could be my ears lol.

Should I be terribly worried? Is this a DIY type job? Should I be looking for used manifolds at the junkyards?

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Are you saying that you just see a crack where it bolts to the head? These manifolds do not have a solid flange like most. If you are not hearing an exhaust leak it is fine. You would definitely know if it was leaking.

{tpc}

Original poster
Jan 22, 2014
If I would definitely know than it must not be leaking. After reading your post, it is apparent that I'm not seeing a crack. I pulled it up and zoomed in on the alldata diagram and I can see that its not a solid flange. Thank you. :smile:

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Ahem. He has a V8 Tahoe :redface:

Reactions: Wooluf1952

{tpc}

Original poster
Jan 22, 2014
True...but in the picture on all data of the manifold, where I think I'm seeing a crack between bolts, it appears it is a designed separation.

Now maybe I'm wrong, but right now I got bigger fish to fry..lol

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online