Engine wont turn off

anthonyl79

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Colorado
Come back from running to lunch today and I get to my parking spot and turn the key off and the engine stays running. The doors unlock, the gauges all light up and go to their normal key off location. The tach shows RPM's and I can rev and put the car into gear with the key off and out of the ignition. My guess is the IGN switch. Anyone else had this issue?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
It can be nothing else besides the ignition switch, or the gear on the cylinder that moves the gear on the electrical part of the switch.

anthonyl79

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Colorado
Thats what I though.

Side note - I had to have a key cut for this when I was at the airport one day. Shorlty there after I found out that I can start without the key. Also on rare instences you start the car, put it in gear and the car won't move, feels like it wants to but doesn't, well last time it did that I found that I was able to shift out of park without using the brake pedal. In order to get it to go after putting it in gear, have to cycle the key. Do you think it all possibly related to the electrical portion of the switch?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online