Electric oil pressure gauge or true oil pressure gauge?

c good

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Finally going to add an actual oil pressure gauge. I am thinking of going with the wired version to avoid a possible oil leak with a traditional tube fed gauge

Any drawbacks to wire fed gauges?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Last edited:

c good

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Thanks for the info MRRSM. I installed the adapter last year and just put a plug in it.

I'm a little Leary of running an actual oil line inside the cab as I've had them leak in the past and they made a mess

Was wondering if anyone has feedback using the wired ones with the sensor in the oil pressure port then wires running into the cab.

Curious as to accuracy and reliability.

Thinking I need a 0-80 psi gauge regardless.

Attachments

• PXL_20221017_000608683.jpg
    PXL_20221017_000608683.jpg
    447.9 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Because the Piezo-Electric (Non-Analog) versions are capable of measuring quite discreetly... they will show *Much Finer Grain Details* whereas the Oil in the Analog Fluid Line Versions might jump up an down in levels a bit until the Engine RPM Levels Off.... mostly because of Residual Air left inside of an un-bled OPS Nylon (or Copper-Coil) Line.

But if you actually want to know whether the Main Bearings are Bleeding Out Oil from excessive wear or if the Gerotor Oil Pump "Viton" "O" Ring has Failed and is causing a Loss of Vacuum in all RPM Ranges... the True Mechanical Analog Oil Pressure Gauge always provides this Proof, one way or another... just as soon as the Crankshaft begins Turning.

The very instant those Gerotor Oil Pump Gears begin to move... the Oil Volume is directly driven right through the system. In terms of Pure Hydraulics... if you push on the Oil contained within any Oil Gallery...One Inch... the Oil present everywhere inside the Oil Column will also move ...One Inch... Instantaneously... because all Liquids are In-compressible:

GMLL8OILFLOWPATH.jpg

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadmak

Members Online