Eibach Pro kit install???

mikedp25

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum but was on trailvoy quite abit. I have a question for everyone as this isn't an area of expertise for me. I had a friend sell me some stuff from his TB. K&N CAI, Gibson catback stainless exhaust, Eibach Pro Kit, and Bilstein HD front struts for 360. Everything has about 25k on it. My question is he never changed his rear shocks but told me to definitely get the Bilstein Hd rear shocks. I'm going to swap out strut mounts and put his struts in the front. What is the preference for rear shocks with the eibach springs. I've looked everywhere and can't get a definitive answer, but i did see a few posts saying definitely do not put the Bilsteins HDs on the rear with the Eibach. That's why I'm confused. Any help would be aprreciated. Thank you very much.

mikedp25

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
The couple of guys that I seen said it was a stiff ride and bounced excessively. I don't know. Was hoping someone here had put the eibach springs on and had some input on the rear shocks.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I would think the HD was not a good choice for a lowered TB due to being stiffer and compressed more, but do not have experience on what may be better.

mikedp25

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
Thank you for the input hard. Yeah I don't have a clue but I'm wanting to get this done by spring. I don't know anything about this kinda stuff, but it seems like someone would've put this kit on and could lead me in the right direction. The guy I bought the stuff from had the bolsters in the front and said it was great. He never got around to the back so I guess they were stock.

Larson26

Mar 11, 2015
I'm running the groundforce kit and belltech nitro drop 2 shocks in the rear and love them. If I remember the eibach kit is also the same drop in the rear (3"). Just make sure you trim your bump stops, and install new shocks in the rear before installing the springs. The stock shocks will bottom out over bumps.

EnvoyNorCal

Oct 16, 2015
Castro Valley
The couple of guys that I seen said it was a stiff ride and bounced excessively. I don't know. Was hoping someone here had put the eibach springs on and had some input on the rear shocks.

I have the Eibachs and the HDs installed 5 years ago. I regret them. Should've went with Monroes, TBSS shocks, or Belltech. Ride is too stiff and harsh, bouncy like there are leaf springs. Only good thing with HDS is if you are doing heavy towing, or carrying lots of payload.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
I am running the DJM Super Shox in the rear of mine with a 3" drop. I think they handle great. I will say the first couple of weeks they seemed really harsh but then they broke in a little and are awesome. These are the fluid filled valved shocks not pressurized gas.

djm1800_1

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
The reasoning as I've read was the shock being compressed from the lower stance was giving a harsh ride. The other thing I would comment is the shorter rear spring may come "loose" (probably not enough to fall out) when you fully extend the rear suspension, like if you jacked the truck up by the frame lifting both rear tires off the ground, but that is just my impression of the rear suspension from when I installed the belltech kit on mine, the rear shock is what effectively locks the spring in place. Most every review on the eibachs complain about the ride

I like the Belltech kit myself, I almost bought the eibach kit and actually have a set of rear super low mileage (only on the truck a few months at about 1k miles a month) Bilsteins HD's I had bought new and installed when I was planning to do the eibach kit, but all the reviews pushed me to the belltech which was basically the same price by the time you factored in all 4 shocks and the springs new. And the ride is as close to factory as any lowering kit I've ever had (and I've lowered damn near every car I've owned), hell I hit speed bumps at 20 MPH like it's nothing with the belltech kit.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.