EBC 3GD Sport Rotor Kit

Safe_CrackerLS

Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
Is $165 a good price for these rotors? That's $165 for 2...front set. Part number: GD7212

Thinking about running EBC greenstuff 6000 pads.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BrakeMotive is a good choice as well. Myself and many other members here are running them.

$187 for d/s front rotors, d/s rear rotors, and ceramic brake pads all around. You can find BrakeMotive's store on EBay.

Safe_CrackerLS

Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
I've read mixed reviews on Callahan and great reviews on Brakemotive. Are the brakemotive pads any good or should I still go with the EBC pads?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I love the Prime Choice rotors and pads i got. Rotors are thick and heavy duty. Pads seem to work great even with the extra rolling weight I have. Fo the price I could not find anything better.

Safe_CrackerLS

Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
Prime Choice huh.. I'll have to look those up as well.
Anyone hear anything positive/negative with StopTech Power Slot rotors? I'd prefer slotted over D/S. I'm not worried about cracks, just personal preference.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
It has nothing to do with tommy boy. I have had Callahan on 2 vehicles now and they have been great. If you run on a track or do 140 mph braking no stock size rotor will hold up to that no matter the brand. If you need something for that shell some money for a big brake kit. Imo

Reactions: dmanns67

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Safe_Crack - are you going to do the ext/ss upgrade on the front likemany of us have done? You use same pads and calipers, but a larger rotor and the different caliper brackets. Same costs except for the caliper brackets. You do need 17 inch wheels to clear this mod though.

I am glad i did it for the minimal cost.

Reactions: mcsteven

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Safe_CrackerLS said:
I've read mixed reviews on Callahan and great reviews on Brakemotive. Are the brakemotive pads any good or should I still go with the EBC pads?
The pads from BrakeMotive work well.

Safe_CrackerLS

Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
I think I'm going with Brakemotive at all four corners. I ordered a set of Brembo blanks for the rear last night and wake up to an email saying they're out of stock...must be a sign :yes:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just want to mention that Prime Choice is up there with no name eBay ccc. I had a set of their pads and rotors, warped so much the steering wheel shook violently. Same with their alternators, hubs, tie rods and ball joints. The only thing I had luck with them is their radiators. Look them up for their struts. They had China copy Monroe's quick struts exactly, including stickers and instructions and were sued. It's on the 'net.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Prime choice brakes for 25k miles on DD and still impressed by them. The TB's are still pretty new but work great. I use lots of their parts and would choose them over others like Moog.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
You'll likely be happy with the Brakemotive kit. I put them on all 4 corners, and I did the upgrade to the front (about $8 more from Brakemotive + about $30 more locally for brackets and parts). Very happy with them and seem to be great quality.

Reactions: Safe_CrackerLS

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Moog is CCC but overpriced

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Safe_CrackerLS said:
I'm putting the brakes on this weekend. I feel like a kid the night before Christmas!
Are you planning on putting on any high temp caliper/rotor paint prior to install?

This is a pic of how they will arrive.

20140508_121836.jpg

Everything I painted black will typically rust over time on rotors. Might as well protect the investment. It is also easier to paint while they are brand new and off of the vehicle. Also a good time to clean up the calipers and paint them too :yes:

20140511_112501.jpg

I am sure you already know, but these rotors are directional and will need to be installed on the side they are labeled for. Make sure you follow BrakeMotive's break in procedure. A copy of the procedure will come with the rotors, they also have a digital copy for download at their EBay store. The break in procedure is the first thing you should do after the install.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Prime choice come black like that.

Safe_CrackerLS

Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
Thanks "Dmann", that's exactly how they looked when they arrived. I have some black high temp paint, I'll paint the rotors tonight. I'm thinking red for the calipers. :undecided:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Safe_CrackerLS said:
Thanks "Dmann", that's exactly how they looked when they arrived. I have some black high temp paint, I'll paint the rotors tonight. I'm thinking red for the calipers. :undecided:
Any paint is better than no paint. If I had a TBSS, I might have went red on the calipers. I used black on the calipers to match the rotors.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
Ebc is good stuff. There are full kits available cheaper. Look up Callahan on eBay. Very high quality. Great price
I would of gone with Callahan as a full kit as well, I only hear good things about them.

Edit: Might replace my calipers with Callahan ones; that combined with my BAER drilled & slotted rotors and pads would be pretty sweet :thumbsup:

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online