Ebay upper/lower control arms $300

mrjean

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
so just wanted to give you guys a heads up...ive recently had to change control arms on my trailblazer and i went with macautoparts on ebay.com. the whole package came out to 299.99 with 18 bucks shipping...these came with upper control arms, lower control arms, lower ball joint and bracket (bushing).

they are dorman. dont know what experience people have with the brand. but they look great and sturdy.

2002 2003 Chevrolet GMC Envoy Trailblazer Upper and Lower Control Arm Kit New | eBay

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Dorman is a generally reputable aftermarket brand, with one black eye for a mess-up they had on replacement fan clutches. Perhaps one for their version of the CPAS.

How do you know yours are Dorman? The Ebay seller's listing says the brand is "Foreign Parts Distributors". To me, that usually means an anonymous Cheap Chinese Crud vendor. Beware.

mrjean

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
came back to bite me in the ass...meant to say replaces dorman...meh all in all not bad price. we will see how it handles. if it gives me any issues, right back it goes tho. thanks for the heads up.

AbsoluteZero

Nov 21, 2011
The ebay listing shows part numbers starting with "RK". I look on rockauto and it suggests they may be Moog.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Lots of CCC vendors re-use or copy legitimate vendor's model numbers so they show up in an Ebay or Google search. The criminal ones forge the logos and packaging of the good vendors. Like the $20 "Timken" bearings that are sold from time to time.

If the Ebay seller says they're Moog, you can at least get a refund from Ebay when they turn out to be CCC. But in this case the seller says they are "Foreign Parts Distributors" brand which is a scumbag's way of trying to conceal the truth. IMHO.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vulcantoolman

Members Online