Driveshaft Length

anthonyl79

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Colorado
Looking for the length on a 2wd SWB trailblazer driveshaft. Need center of Ujoint to center of Ujoint. If someone could help me out please that would be great. Have asked several times on the facebook pages and people there seem to be no help at all when it comes to this kinda thing.

Appreciate the help

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I6 or V8?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Measuring for a correct set of propeller or drive-shaft dimensions can get to be a complex problem. Please visit Denny's site and after downloading the appropriate template for your vehicle... use these data to figure out what you need to get for your particular application. The Instructional Video on the second page here will explain what to do:

http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/how_to_measure.html

anthonyl79

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Colorado
Thanks for the input, but for what I'm doing I need to know the stock driveshaft lenght. Doing a v8 swap and making my own motor mounts. So I need to know where to set the motor.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
He needs 2WD, not 4x4. Except for 2WD SS, I don't know if 5.3L 2WD exists. The SS might be the same with the 4L70e but it also uses a bigger diff. May need a custom shaft. I'd say get an aluminum one from an EXT, get it cut, welded and balanced to fit. That's what I'm planning to do with my Saab if and when I swap it to a 2WD.

Reactions: Tiggerr

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online