Driver's outside mirror replacement

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
The reason I replaced the mirror was because the outer casing/cover was chipped away at the outer edge and meant that previous driver had impacted it and broke it. For the life of me, I cannot understand how something that is right next to the driver can be impacted. Lots of drivers out there that are clueless to clearance around their own vehicles.

Anyway, the easiest part was the replacement. The inner door cover removal has been done by me at least 3 times now. 1. Door limiting strap replacement. 2. Inspect door speaker for replacement. 3. Replace door speaker.

Before ordering the mirror, there were many choices. You would think that as the basic option vehicle that it is, would make it easy. Not so easy but doable. I knew which harness connector plugged in to the master switch assembly. Popped the switch assembly out and found the connector and matched the color and pin configuration. New mirror arrived and was installed and back together in 20 minutes.

She has driven from Eugene, Or. to her property 75 miles north of Seattle and back and to the coast a few times from here and all over town with no problems at all. I just recently did the second full synthetic oil and filter change. Has absolutely no leaks on this engine.

She is still trying to find a seat cushion that feels just right, to allow her to sit a little higher to see out the w/s better, but other than that, she is very happy with our December purchase of the TB.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
I was lucky enough one time to hit the salvage yard early and discover a freshly arrived 2004 that had been wholesaled from a used car lot. I grabbed all sorts of items from that vehicle including a good set of mirrors with the turn signal option. Swapped them out with my own mirrors which I now have as spares.

Reactions: movietvet

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online