Driver Door Will Not Open From Inside

therealsethallen

Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.
So, the driver's door in the old 9-7x won't open from the inside anymore. I was able to reconnect the door lock, so that works. But I couldn't get the driver's door handle to open it. I couldn't find where it went, even blasting it with light, I couldn't figure it out. I'm getting really sick of opening the door by rolling down the window. Photo or video would be great.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Could just be the rod retention clip that broke. Do you feel resistance when you try to open the door from inside or there's just nothing?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
There are a few pics in my door lock actuator replacement article submission thread that may help you out :twocents:

Reactions: therealsethallen

therealsethallen

Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.
There's nothing there. At all. When I took the panel off, there was one yellow clip that holds he outside door handle rod to the lock and latch assembly. I'm gonna tear it apart in the morning again and see if I can't find that clip. I know there's a Dorman Help rod set. Hopefully I can get one that fits.

Feb 18, 2017
Shreveport, LA

That's a vid on doing a rear inner door handle replacement. See if that helps any.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
...and here is another one that is specific to the 9-7X (and the TB as needed)... this is for the Window Actuator but it gives the viewer an opportunity to see the Door Handle Hardware as well and how the VOP (Video Original Poster) got fast access to It:

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2017
Shreveport, LA
I didn't even realize it was the drivers front door. Sorry about that!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online