Disconnected ground? (pic)

Elizabetty

Original poster
Dec 2, 2022
Wisconsin
I apologize that this picture doesn't show much. I had to grab it from a screenshot of a crappy video I took. When the weather cooperates I can go outside and get something better if needed. Driver side, rear, in front of the tire up near the frame I have this dangling bolt on a short lead that I'm thinking is a ground unless something else is completely missing off this as far as a part that is supposed to be connected somewhere.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221231-162939.png
    Screenshot_20221231-162939.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
Reactions: movietvet

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Sure looks like it. Check this thread and see if you can find which one it is. It looks like a pretty big wire, maybe a main ground from the battery or from body to block. However it doesn't look like a regular wire. Reminds me of a brake cable bracket.

Elizabetty

Original poster
Dec 2, 2022
Wisconsin
I will be looking at that post you shared but you mentioned something about brake cable bracket...... No working parking brake in this thing sooooooo maybe related?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Definitely. Location sounds right. Maybe some better pictures would help but following that "cable" would probably yield some answers.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Reminds me of a brake cable bracket.
Same. That bracket (in the center) looks like the one that connects front / rear sections together (e.g.; two cables, one from each end). My Sierra has one; guessing the 360s use the same arrangement (haven't looked lately). Generally, the rear assembly branches out to a 'Y' arrangement to effect equal actuation of the rear brakes on each side.

Maybe some better pictures would help but following that "cable" would probably yield some answers.
Yeah... zooming out can sometimes be beneficial... as well as ancillary shots, when possible. It may be difficult to trace the cable remnants, but you should be able to find something. The cables are likely unsheathed for a good portion of their runs (so just a twisted wire arrangement). If you wanted a working e-brake, you should be able to purchase replacement sub-assemblies.

A lot of people would probably leave it, vs. the expense of replacing it, tbh, given its limited function (and this is coming from someone who much prefers a hand-operated e-brake and uses the ones on his vehicles religiously).

Elizabetty

Original poster
Dec 2, 2022
Wisconsin
I don't know how I missed that picture! I was able to locate the other end where it's snapped and I will not be replacing the parking brake. Glad to know it wasn't yet another ground where I was going to first break a bolt and then start over like all my other ones lol. Okay not maybe all of them but just happy this wasn't a ground. I'm more familiar with the different wiring and cables now and would have known today if I found it that it was a brake line. :wink: Thank you. Solved!

movietvet

Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
@Elizabetty, at one time, you sounded like you were ready to give up on your TB. Now it looks like you accepted the challenge and are moving "full steam ahead". As my girl drives her TB daily, she is getting more and more used to it and liking it more and more as I correct anything we/I find along the way. I feel it is a reliable rig now, except I still gotta figure out the damn speakers. Tracking and cleaning/reattaching grounds is a daunting task and can drive you nuts. It was crazy going thru all mine on my 05 Z71 Tahoe. Glad to see you are sticking to it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online