Disable rearview auto dim feature?

floridafitz

Original poster
Jan 2, 2012
Winter Springs FL
Didn't have this problem with the 03 Envoy, but 08 Envoy Denali evidently comes with an extra deep tint glass that makes nighttime backup dicey....or my auto dim feature is always "engaged." Not sure how to check or how to disable if it is operational. Anyone dealt with this or have a suggestion? Thanks.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
My '03 had an ON-OFF button for the auto-dim. (Page 2-35 in the manual) Is there something similar for your '08?

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
The power button on my mirror just cycles the compass. With the factory tint mine rarely enables the anti-dazzle feature of the mirror. Thought it didnt work for the longest time until i had a jack wagon in a lifted truck with HIDs in reflector housings behind me. The glare went away and the lights turned from bight blue/white to greenish.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If there is no switch for some reason, you could just put a piece of electrical tape over the sensor on the mirror.

Reactions: Wooluf1952

floridafitz

Original poster
Jan 2, 2012
Winter Springs FL
Thanks for the input. I'm thinking it's in permanent anti-glare mode but will run a test with another car with HID's behind me in the driveway. Clicked on Mooseman's "become a supporter" link and made a donation. This site has saved me many times in the past and just got reengaged with purchase of '08. Thanks to moderators and active members.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online