differential problem maybe

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
06 Trailblazer LS, rear wheel drive..
Every day when I leave work, I wait at a stop sign from out parking lot, then turn to the right onto a four lane road. 2 or 3 times last week, I noticed a quick tire squeel when I took off to the right there, but didn't think too much of it, figured maybe I just goosed the gas a little much getting into traffic. Today, there was a definite 'catch" (if that makes sense) when I pulled out,slight hesitation then the truck accelerated normally. subsequent turns both from dead stops as well as rolling turns were normal. No signs of a fluid leak...garage floor is dry.
this old thing makes me paranoid at times, but does this sound like a differential issue? with 15 years in my last Blazer and 6 or so in this Trailblazer, never had any differential problems so never had to diagnose one.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Could have have been a one-off occurrence. I'd just keep driving and monitor for a re-occurrence.

AWD V8

Jan 12, 2015
I've owned several GMs with a G80 and from what I've seen most G80s require a fair bit of wheel spin before they engage. You may be feeling this delay of engagement as a "slip" until you get traction from the other wheel when the G80 kicks in.

I had a Blazer that DID work real well. Even with slow gentle wheel slippage the G80 kicked in nicely. My Envoy however likes a lot of wheel spin before it kicks in. At a slow wheel speed I could dig to China without the G80 kicking in. I need to gas it a fair bit before it kicks in.

I'm sure wear and tear and diff lube are factors in how it performs.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online