NEED HELP Delphi DFG0515 fuel pump...issue?

5xBuckman

Original poster
May 10, 2017
Minneapolis
Hi all,

Maybe this group can shed some light on an issue I'm having. The TB I bought, that needed an engine, also had an issue with the fuel level sensor. So seeing the rig had 170,000 miles on it, I thought it would proper to replace the fuel pump and then I'd have a new fuel level sensor as well.

I installed a Delphi DFG0515. After I got everything back together I tried starting it...nothing. Oh, it would crank....but it didn't make any fuel pressure. Thinking that it was really low (out) on fuel, I dumped 4 gallons in the tank. Tried again....no fuel pressure. Checked for voltage and the pump indeed runs, and it showed fuel in the tank on the gauge.

I do have a replace pump coming from Rock Auto, but I'm wondering if I did wrong during the install. It's pretty straight forward, so I can't really see where I might have done something wrong.

2005 Trailblazer
Thoughts?

Thanks...Dan

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You sure you got the right one? I'm on my phone right bow and I can't search RA too well for compatibility.

5xBuckman

Original poster
May 10, 2017
Minneapolis
Pretty sure. When I ordered parts for the engine swap, I also wanted a fuel filter...RA had one listed. But there is no external fuel filter. So I then looked at the p/n of the pump for a 04 and a 05...different p/n. Any of the parts houses list the DFG0515 for the 2005. So, yeah...pretty sure.

There were no install papers in the box, so I'm unsure if there might have been a cap plug on the fuel intake. I can find nothing indicating there might have been. Just caps on the return and pressure line fittings.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I was thinking possibly an 04 pump might have been put in but it would have been very evident with the extra return line on the pump not connected. Fuel pressure regulator, return and filter are all within fuel pump unit. There should not be any cap.

Maybe you just got a dud?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.