Control Arm Bushings Thoughts

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Hey guys. I have a question. Well a question based off of an observation lol. Anyway, I've noticed that prothane makes a bushing kit for our front and rear control arms. After some searching I've read about them but it doesn't seem anyone has actually installed them. I know I need bushings, I can grab and shake and move my control arms forward and backward with very little effort. And after I'll need an alignment... but has anyone actually went with them and can say they are worth it over plain rubber ones?

BTW (I know it appears to have been talked to death, but most of the googled threads seem to be broken)

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I wouldn't do urethane bushings in the rear just because of how the axle needs to react (if one side goes up over a bump the axle needs to twist on the bushings, and urethane resists that motion) but for the front they would be fine.

Reactions: littleblazer

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I'll be doing the prothane/energy suspension urethane bushing on my oe control arms after I remove and have my brother powder coats them. When that's done thell be put in my brother-in-laws SS tb. I've already ordered the moog lca's to put on my rig.

Depending on how it works out I'll be power coating his set of lca's and doing the bushings and putting them on my voy.

I know for a fact they worked out 100% on a 1969 Camaro me and my X father in law did 5 yrs ago. We got the complete car kit. It's still rolling and beautifully I might add.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I do not have those, but do have urethane bushings in the rear with my custom control arms and have had zero issues with them over the years. I would not hesitate to use the urethane front or rear.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Any issues with squeaks guys? I know my sway bars chirp a little.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Not that I notice, but my truck is far from quiet with tires and exhaust

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR