NEED HELP Continuous rear suspension noises

turbee3

Original poster
May 3, 2022
North Carolina
+++ Mod edit+++
OP has been warned and instructed to shorten and repost this wall of words without all caps. I have also modified the title for better responses and moved to the full size truck section +++

Someone please, please, please🙏 help me out there!!!!

I have this freaking absolutely rediculously annoying sqeeking noise that is coming out from underneath the bed/rear-end of my 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Short Bed Regular Cab 5.3L V8 Truck that is DRIVING ME ABSOLUTELY FREAKING INSANE that I have been dealing with for WELL OVER 2 YEAR'S NOW, will someone please help me out here??!! I don't know where else to go after everything I've just got done doing to it within these past few months, please read below!!

At 1st I was assuming that it was the old worn out leafspring bushings on/in my 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3L V8 2WD Short Bed Regular Cab Truck's rear-end leafsprings so I went onto SummitRacing.com & I ordered the best set of aftermarket polyurethane leafspring replacement bushings set that they had (to do both leaf springs) on the rear-end of my truck, The Energy Suspension Leaf Spring Bushing Set 3.214R in red (part number: ENS-3-2141R) to match my red truck & I also installed a set of JDMON 2 inch lowering shackles with the same exact red polyurethane bushings in them at the same time cause why not, right? I mean I already had to remove both of the leafsprings anyways so why not drop the ass-end a couple inches while I was at it right? I also installed (at the same time) a brand new set of red KYB MonoMax Gas Shocks that I went ahead & installed all the way around the truck while I was at it, then I replacing the upper & lower ball joints on the entire front-end (driver's side & passenger's side), installed brand new beefier front & rear sway bars, along with all new polyurethane Energy Suspension Sway Bar Bushings (in red of course) all around that have the grease fittings in them, then brand new polyurethane Energy Suspension Sway Bar End Link's (in red again) on the front-end, all new wheel bearings that came with new wheel speed sensors pre-installed in them already all of the way around my truck (so 4 in total, one on each wheel/hub), new inner & outer tierod ends on the driver's & passenger's side of the front-end, a set of RideTech 1 inch Lowering Coil Springs with new Coils Spring boots in red of course, new upper & lower control arms & bushings on the driver's & passenger's side on the front-end as well from Moog with their R-Series control arms & Moog premium bushings, & finally I replaced all four brake rotors, calipers, & brake pads that all came with the new hardcore brake system that I installed!! A full on set of Wilwoods Big Break Truck Kit for my truck, that came with for the front: 14in drilled & slotted rotors, 6 piston red brake calipers, Wilwood power stop brake pads, & a set of all new stainless steel brake lines & in/for the back it came with 16in diameter drilled & slotted brake rotors, new red 4 piston brake calipers, Willwoods power stop brake pads, & all new stainless steel braded brake lines, needless to say I have ABSOLUTELY NO TROUBLE STOPPING NOW WHATSOEVER!!!!

So basically I completely & totally rebuild the entire suspension on/of my entire truck all at the same time, what started out as simply replacing the old worn out leaf spring bushings with brand new aftermarket polyurethane leaf spring bushings turned into rebuilding the entire suspension system on/of my truck, y'all know how that goes, you can't just stop at replacing one single part or upgrading one single part, you just gotta go for the whole shebang & f it, why not??!! My dang truck handles like a freaking dream now whether just doing regular every day driving through town, or doing a little stop light to stop light drag racing, or going for a full send run down a nice twisty backroad or straightaway, it handles like a brand new corvette or whatever, hell probably even better!!!! Definitely nothing like a freaking truck that's for sure, especially with the addition of the new set of 3.73 gear I just had installed in the/my rear end of my truck, along with the custom built 4L80E tranny & Tourqe Converter she's got in her now instead of that POS week ass factory 4L60E that comes/came factory in those/these year model GM truck's which I had done a few months back at the same time as I had my brand new fully custom built 5.3L LM7 V8 engine with a forged crankshaft, forged pistons & connecting rod's, double roller timing sprockets & timing chain, a custom ground cam specifically for/to handle the ProCharger High Output Intercooled Supercharger Kit that I specifically built this engine & Transmission combo to handle being installed (that's at the bottom of this list/post because that is the last mod I had installed & like I said what all this was building up to having installed) in/on my truck with the massive amounts of boost I was planning & now am running in mind, titanium pushrods, Trick Flow Heads, has a totally rebuilt/refurbished Trail Blazer SS Intake manifold & fuel rails, High Country Throttle Body Spacer, a 90mm Throttlebody (& a whole bunch of other custom internals built into/inside of the engine that I am not gonna be listing because this would be way way to long of a post), Granatelli Extreme Voltage 80,000 volt coil packs, an MSD Coil Pack Wiring Harness to handle all the voltage that those coils are putting out (trust me if you get the coil packs you need the wiring harness because the factory coil harness CANNOT HANDLE ALL OF THAT VOLTAGE, THEY WILL EITHER MELT YOUR FACTORY COIL PACK HARNESS INTO A BIG BALL OF PLASTIC & COPPER MUSH OR EVEN WORSE THE FACTORY WIRING HARNESS COULD CATCH YOUR ENTIRE ENGINE BAY ON FIRE OR START A FIRE UNDER YOUR HOOD & YOU DEFINITELY DON'T WANT THAT!!), a custom all aluminum 3 row radiator with a built-in bigger trans cooler, a set of FLEX-A-LITE's 292 Duel Electric 4,600 cfm puller fans with 8 blades on each fan (to get rid of the HP robbing engine driven fan/fan clutch & also to just make the engine bay look way way neater, less cluttered, & to give me a whole heck of a lot more room without that engine driven fan & giant freaking fan shroud around it), a 160 degree thermostat, a 280amp alternator to run all of the electrical add ons without power drain, an Optima Yellow Top Battery, red MSD Street Fire 8.5MM plug wires with red kevlar header protector boots on/for them, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Hooker Long Tube Headers dumping directly into my Magnaflow super short high flow 3 inch stainless steel spun (not welded) cat's then dumping straight into my custom made 3in true dual stainless steel mandrel bent exhaust system (without any mufflers in it/on it whatsoever) for about a foot or so then going into a 3 inch Borla mandrel bent X-pipe with two more short pieces of 3 inch stainless steel pipe coming outta the Borla X-pipe & then ending right about where the back of the cab & the bed meet terminating at two 3 inch 45 degree/angled mandrel bent kick outs (one going towards the passenger's side & one going towards the driver's side) & trust me, it DEFINITELY SOUNDS MEAN/NASTY AS HELL & NOTHING LIKE A TRUCK DOES!!!! IT SOUNDS LIKE A FREAKING MUSCLE CAR DOES INSTEAD OF A TRUCK!!!!

I'M GOING TO GET A LITTLE BIT OFF TOPIC HERE FOR A MINUTE SO PLEASE BARE WITH ME HERE Y'ALL!! IT MOST DEFINITELY, DEFINITELY DOESN'T SOUND ANYTHING LIKE ALL OF THOSE/THESE IDIOT'S OUT HERE/OUT THERE THAT JUST GO & EITHER HAVE JUST PLAIN STRAIGHT ASS PIPES WITH NO CAT'S, MUFFLERS OR ANYTHING ELSE AT ALL IN/ON THEM COMING DIRECTLY OFF OF THIER EXHAUST MANIFOLDS (OR MAYBE THEY'VE GOT HEADERS BUT PROBABLY NOT) PUT ONTO THEIR TRUCK'S OR JUST TOTALLY HILLBILLY IT & COMPLETELY REMOVE THE ENTIRE FREAKING EXHAUST SYSTEM OFF OF THEIR PERFECTLY GOOD TRUCK TURING IT INTO A RIDICULOUSLY LOUD & COMPLETELY OBNOXIOUS SOUNDING POS, I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT STAND THAT CRAP!!!! AND THESE PEOPLE REALLY & TRUELY THINK/BELIEVE THAT THAT LOUD OBNOXIOUS ASS SOUND COMING FROM THEIR TRUCK SOUNDS "SO AWESOME" OR "SO COOL" OR IS THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD, SORRY ALL OF YOU OUT THERE THAT ARE RUNNING YOUR TRUCK'S EITHER WAY IT DOESN'T SOUND AWESOME OR COOL, IT SOUNDS LIKE COMPLETE & TOTAL ASS & THE WORST PART ABOUT IT IS A WHOLE LOT OF THESE PEOPLE DO THIS TO FREAKING BRAND NEW TRUCK'S THAT THEIR DADDY BOUGHT THEM OR WHATEVER WHICH IS EVEN WORST THAN DOING IT TO/ON AN OLDER TRUCK BECAUSE THEY JUST ABSOLUTELY RUINED A BRAND NEW TRUCK BY MAKING IT SOUND LIKE IT'S TROWING UP EVERY TIME THEY PRESS THEIR GAS PEDAL!!!! SAME GOES FOR THE ARTARDS THAT DO IT TO ABSOLUTELY ANY TRUCK AT ALL, I HATE TO TELL YOU ALL BUT THAT DOES NOT SOUND AWESOME OR COOL IT SOUNDS LIKE COMPLETE DOG SHIT!!!! SORRY IF YOU ARE READING THIS & YOUR TRUCK SOUNDS LIKE THAT BUT SERIOUSLY, THAT SHIT IS RIDICULOUSLY STUPID & SOUNDS LIKE SHIT BUT NOBODY AROUND YOU WANTS TO BE THE ONE TO TELL YOU THAT YOU F-ED UP BY DOING THAT TO IT, GROW UP & EITHER BUY A "REAL" EXHAUST SYSTEM KIT FROM A PROFESSIONAL EXHAUST MAKING COMPANY LIKE FLOWMASTER, MAGNAFLOW, BORLA, ETC, OR JUST TAKE YOUR TRUCK TO A REALLY GOOD REPUTABLE PROFESSIONAL EXHAUST SHOP & HAVE THEM CUSTOM BUILD YOU ONE FROM SCRATCH RIGHT THERE, THEN YOU'LL HAVE A TRUCK THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY BE PROUD OF PRESSING THE GAS ON WHEN THE LIGHT TURNS GREEN, GROW UP ALREADY!!!! SORRY THAT'S THE END OF MY RANT, I JUST HAD TO GET THAT OFF OF MY CHEST!!!!

As I mentioned above, their is the piece de resistance on top of everything else that makes it so freaking nasty, the High Output Intercooled ProCharger Supercharger Kit that I just had put on & custom tuned on the dyno Jet at RPM Performance's Shop In Garner, NC, The ABSOLUTELY UNDISPUTED KINGS OF TUNING ANYTHING & EVERYTHING GM HANDS DOWN!!!!

But now that you all have the full picture of what my truck is working with & all of the massive amounts of mods done to it, back to the/my original question!!

Does anyone have any ideas why my truck with it's all brand new completely rebuild & totally upgraded suspension system all of the way around the truck especially with all of the new polyurethane leafspring bushings being installed into the rear-ends leafsprings to SPECIFICALLY STOP THAT FREAKING SQEEKING NOISE ONCE & FOR ALL IS STILL MAKING THE EXACT SAME FREAKING SQEEKING NOISE COING FROM THE EXACT SAME PLACE, FROM THE REAR-END OF MY TRUCK??!!

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY IT WOULD STILL BE MAKING THE EXACT SAME INSANELY ANNOYING SQEEKING NOISE APPARENTLY STILL COMING FROM THE LEAFSPRINGS AFTER I SPENT ALL OF THAT TIME, HARD FREAKING WORK, & $ ON REPLACING ALL OF THE LEAFSPRINGS BUSHINGS WITH THE BEST POLYURETHANE BUSHINGS SET THAT I COULD FIND AS WELL AS THE 2IN DROP SHACKLES THAT HAVE THE EXACT SAME POLYURETHANE BUSHINGS IN THEM AS WELL??!!

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY IN THE WORLD IT IS STILL MAKING THAT ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE SQEEKING NOISE ON THE REAR-END OF MY TRUCK AFTER REPLACING ALL OF THOSE OLD WORN OUT FACTORY RUBBER BUSHINGS THAT WERE LITERALLY FALLING APART WITH ALL BRAND NEW POLYURETHANE BUSHINGS ON BOTH LEAFSPRINGS & INSTALLING BRAND NEW SHOCKS, & EVERYTHING ELSE THAT I HAVE DONE??!!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE🙏, SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME KIND OF ADVICE OR A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE THAT YOU'VE HAD AFTER CHANGING YOUR LEAFSPRINGS BUSHINGS ONLY FOR THE REAR-END TO JUST KEEP RIGHT ON SQEEKING LIKE THEY WERE DOING BEFORE YOU REPLACED THE BUSHINGS IN THEM, OR SOMETHING, ANYTHING, SOME KIND OF ADVICE ON WHERE ELSE IT MIGHT BE COMING FROM ON/UNDER THE REAR-END OF MY TRUCK OR WHATEVER BECAUSE LIKE I'VE SAID IT IS DRIVING ME COMPLETELY FREAKING INSANE TO HEAR THAT CONSTANT SQEEKING NOISE COMING FORM THE REAR-END OF MY TRUCK, I DON'T KNOW WHERE ELSE TO GO FROM HERE, PLEASE HELP!!!! ANY SUGGESTIONS, PERSONAL EXPERIENCES, OR WHATEVER ANY OF Y'ALL HAVE FOR ME WILL BE MORE THAN WELCOME & VERY VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!! THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME!!!!

SINCERELY,
JORDAN T😁👍✌️

P.S.
I forgot to mention that if I spray the leafspring bushings, the shackles, & pretty much every other single part of/on the leafsprings suspension system themselves all over of/on the rear-end of my truck with WD-40 the sqeeking noise does quite down SOME, BUT IT DOES NOT COMPLETELY GO AWAY BY ANY MEANS, I CAN STILL HEAR IT ALTHOUGH NOT AS LOUDLY, BUT THAT GETS PRETTY DANG EXPENSIVE BY ITSELF HAVING TO USE ALMOST A FULL LARGE SIZED CAN OF WD-40 ON THE ENTIRE REAR-END LEAFSPRING SUSPENSION SYSTEM OF MY TRUCK EVERY 2 OR 3 DAY'S BECAUSE THAT'S ONLY HOW LONG THAT LAST FOR UNTIL I HAVE TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN & IF IT'S RAINING OUT IT JUST WASHES AWAY THE WD-40 PRETTY MUCH IMMEDIATELY SO SOME TIME'S IT COULD ONLY LAST FOR A DAY OR EVEN LESS DEPENDING ON IF I GET CAUGHT IN A RAIN SHOWER/STORM!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

azswiss

May 23, 2021
Tempe, AZ
Two things come to mind. First, how do the leaf spring clamps look? If they are old/worn you might be getting excess movement between the spring leaves. Ditto the u-bolts and the perches. Second, bed mounts/bushings. Pushing a lot of power thru the drive-line is going result in torque loading the frame.

Edit: any specific conditions or situations (e.g. braking, accelerating, turing, etc.) that make this better/worse?

turbee3

Original poster
May 3, 2022
North Carolina
Thank you azswiss!! Oh lord it look's like I've got some more $ to shell out & damn, just when I thought I was done spending $ on my damn truck at least for a good little while!!!!

The answer to your edit question is no. It does it pretty much any time I hit a bump/pot hole in the road, pulling into gas stations, going over speed bumps, pretty much ANYTHING that makes the ass-end suspension move, flex, go up & down you know? It doesn't matter whether I'm turning, gong straight, braking, accelerating, or anything it makes that damn sqeeking noise regardless!!

It's just so amazingly frustrating to have spent so much money & time on pretty much rebuilding the entire freaking truck from the ground up with all of the crazy power it's making from all of the performance mods, all of the suspension work that I have already done (which I thought I had completely upgraded & rebuild the entire damn suspension system & also upgrading the entire braking system as well!! Plus I forgot to mention that I not long ago (last July 2022) had the/my entire truck re-painted, all of the dents pulled outta the entire truck, & before I took it to the paint/body shop I removed the bumper, trailer hitch, the spare tire, & the entire spare tire lowering mechanism so I could install a roll pan on the ass end of my truck to make the ass end look so much freaking better & cleaner & so they'd blend it right in with my rear quarter panels & paint it as well while I was already having my truck totally re-painted anyway. Then once I got my truck back from the paint/body shop I replaced every single bit of chrome on the/my truck from the front bumper, the front tow hooks, a whole new front chrome facia, grill, whatever you call it (you know the chrome piece that's right above the chrome bumper that wraps around the headlights & sits flush with the hood when it's closed) & then installed a new chrome billet grill insert into it, replaced both chrome door handles & the tailgate handle, put new chrome rear-view mirror covers on both side's, & put a set of 20in 5 spoke Chevy Tahoe chrome rims on it that I got a hell of a deal on from this guy thst had bought his wife a brand new 2022 Chevy Tahoe, she drove it with the 20in factory rims that came on it for about 2 weeks then he bought here a set of 24in rims for it & put the factory one's up for sale & I got em for 900 freaking buck's which included the brand new two week old factory Michelin tires on them with still 100% tread life left on them cause she only drove on em for 2 weeks before replacing them with the bigger wheels, I couldn't believe my luck!! The only thing I didn't like about them were the center caps so I ordered new totally blank center caps that don't have any kind of emblem on them for the rims because the one's that came with the rims had Chevy bowties on em & I couldn't have Chevy bowties on my GMC Sierra, I just wanted em without anything on them & that's what I ordered & installed on em.

Sorry to keep ranting on & on but like I said before, it is rediculously frustrating to have spent all of the $ & time that I have spent on my truck getting it just the way that I wanted it to pull into a gas station or be driving through like a Wal-Mart parking lot & have my truck making that God awful fucking sqeeking noise while pulling in to get gas, driving over speed bumps, etc, etc!! It's like it doesn't even matter how bad ass my truck look's, sounds, runs, & really is when all people hear the 1st time they see it is that goddamn aggravating loud ass sqeeking noise you know?? It's like it cancels every single other thing out that I've done to it when they & I hear that damn sqeeking noise, like damn that must be a piece of shit with that annoying ass sqeeking noise that truck's making, it really drives me fucking crazy as all hell!!!!

I just don't know where to start looking 1st, I don't just want to start throwing parts at it for them not to solve the issue you know?? I don't know of anything I've said here helps you out at all but I just wanted this freaking noise to stop once & for all!!!!

Thank you so very much for taking your time to try to help me out man, I really really do appreciate it a whole lot!!!!

turbee3

Original poster
May 3, 2022
North Carolina
Oh yeah, one more thing I totally forgot to mention is that the passenger's side of the ass-end of my truck makes that sqeeking noise a good bit louder than the driver's side does for some reason & has been doing this even before I did the leafspring bushings replacement & full suspension upgrade & everything else to it & continues to do it even now after replacing all of the leafspring bushings with the all new polyurethane one's!! I don't know if that helps at all, just forgot to mention it before & figured that I'd throw it in there with everything else just to see if maybe that might give you a better clue?? Thank's so very much once again!!!!

azswiss

May 23, 2021
Tempe, AZ
Before you throw any more parts at it I would get a buddy to jump in the bed & shake it while you lie underneath trying to pinpoint the source. High pitch noises are notoriously hard to locate so it may take some time; hold a length of hose against your ear with the other end pointed towards specific areas to improve directional accuracy.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online