C-ya

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Irrelevent post due to stickied thread.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Let's keep the issue reports in one place to help Jimmy out.

FANTASTIC WORK! Very cool what I'm seeing so far!

Anyway, here's a couple of small data base import issues. Some profile fields got populated with vehicle attrubute data:
View attachment 34353
View attachment 34354

Hmmmm, looks like attachments don't display at original size?

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I just woke up to check on things... if this is all that's wrong, I'm relieved.

For some reason, I coulnd't get the custom profile fields to convert over properly no matter what I tried... this included the ICQ, Yahoo, Skype, etc... as well as our vehicles. I'll clear those tables so people can just start over.

Attachments still need work, I have to set size limitations, thumbnail sizes... and a few other things.

As Bill showed... I still have to setup the signature requirements and limitations too. That's just too much picture to see repeatedly in a thread :stars:

I think smilies need to be sorted out even though I do see "most" of our smiles made the trip... something I forgot to check this morning.

Keep em' coming, I'll be working on more stuff this afternoon.

Upvote 0

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
For now the Resources hub (selectable in the top right from the home page) appears to have no functionality. I'm sure right now the focus is on the forum area before any progress is made on the Resources hub, for anyone hoping to utilize it.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
MAY03LT said:
The vehicle profile dropdowns are empty.

edit: forgot pic
I am working on that now, I'll put everything back shortly.

IllogicTC said:
For now the Resources hub (selectable in the top right from the home page) appears to have no functionality. I'm sure right now the focus is on the forum area before any progress is made on the Resources hub, for anyone hoping to utilize it.
Thank you for pointing this out, it's fixed now.

Upvote 0

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
Looks good!!!! Is there going to be a button that we can press that will take us to "new posts" instead of having to hunt them out?

Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
rcam81 said:
Looks good!!!! Is there going to be a button that we can press that will take us to "new posts" instead of having to hiunt them out?
Hit "View New Content" in the upper right corner and then you can select new posts you haven't read, new posts in the last 24 hours, etc. Better control over what new stuff you see.

Reactions: Robbabob
Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
The_Roadie said:
Hit "View New Content" in the upper right corner and then you can select new posts you haven't read, new posts in the last 24 hours, etc. Better control over what new stuff you see.
Correct.

I'll be a adding a "New Posts" button to the navbar... when I figure out how to do it.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
The_Roadie said:
One of my old bookmarks was http://gmtnation.com/forum.php and that now gets a 404. Perhaps a redirect?
Yeah, unfortunately, many links are going to be broken now... we moved the forums to the /forums directory... plus there is no more forums.php file with this new software. I'll find a way to try to address the 404 errors in a more helpful manner.

Upvote 0

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Forums are looking awesome! Just thought I'd let you know the the "like" button doesn't like me.

Upvote 0

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
forum shows up as gmt test forum still in tapatalk (the first one is "unavailable", points to vb site i assume)

drag-n-drop pics doesn't work for me, is it supposed to not work? tried jpg, png, gif

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

Upvote 0

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Thanks Beebs! It works now.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just a heads up, all the previous subscriptions/notifications to threads are now gone so any threads you previously participated in you will not get any notifications. As well, when you click on the link to take you to the newest unread post in a thread, it will take you to the first as it doesn't know where you were on the old forum.

Reactions: Canadian Mike
Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Are attachments disabled? Went to upload photo, and is says: you can upload up to Uploading is not allowed of files (Max. single file size: 16MB)

Also is there a way to upload photos from the quick reply section instead of clicking the more replay options button? Thanks! Site looks Great btw!...

Upvote 0

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I had to update my sig to the new url of the carlisle thread. Will everyone else have to do the same? I get an error when I click on moosemans sig links.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Mooseman said:
Just a heads up, all the previous subscriptions/notifications to threads are now gone so any threads you previously participated in you will not get any notifications. As well, when you click on the link to take you to the newest unread post in a thread, it will take you to the first as it doesn't know where you were on the old forum.
I didn't know that... I'll look into it. Thanks.

Midnyteryder196 said:
Are attachments disabled? Went to upload photo, and is says: you can upload up to Uploading is not allowed of files (Max. single file size: 16MB)

Also is there a way to upload photos from the quick reply section instead of clicking the more replay options button? Thanks! Site looks Great btw!...
Were you doing this from Tapatalk or a web browser?

MAY03LT said:
I had to update my sig to the new url of the carlisle thread. Will everyone else have to do the same? I get an error when I click on moosemans sig links.
Yes, all old links to the forums will be broken, unfortunately.

Reactions: MAY03LT
Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
In the control panel, I tried to update the links to my threads but it wouldn't let me add a title to the links so all you see are the http://.... links instead of titles. Clicking on the add link button, the only option it gives me is to put in the link itself, no title.

Upvote 0

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Mooseman, I clicked the thingy in the top left corner to change the format, and entered this as the code.

edit - hang tight, gotta take a screen I guess

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Got it. The other thing is that links used to open in a new tab. Now, it just opens in the same tab unless I right click>open in new tab.

Upvote 0

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
New forum is looking great so far from what i can see! I had to delete the forum from my list on tapa then search and re add it again but its working great on there now too.

Upvote 0

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
5 of the 6 links on the home page go to "error 404". Guessing you've not gotten there yet.

Site looks great, fun learning new tricks :thankyou:

Edit: Tech Articles, Part numbers, etc.

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Darkrider_LS said:
New forum is looking great so far from what i can see! I had to delete the forum from my list on tapa then search and re add it again but its working great on there now too.
Deleting and searching for forum got mine to work.. thanks darkrider!

Upvote 0

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Going back through old thread posts, I see that attachment pics are displaying incorrectly. Like they are being pulled from other threads or something. Here are a few examples I just found in the Quad retrofit thread

Post #53 - Last pic is a dog about to piss on some girl's head :rotfl:
http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/5453-quad-bi-xenon-retrofit-woot-woot/page-3#entry122694

Post #69 - Some random pic of a bird
http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/5453-quad-bi-xenon-retrofit-woot-woot/page-4#entry132191

Post #78 - May03LT and some fellas at a Hooters?
http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/5453-quad-bi-xenon-retrofit-woot-woot/page-4#entry132254

Post #108 - Wrong pic (smitty's tan isn't that dark :tongue:)
http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/5453-quad-bi-xenon-retrofit-woot-woot/page-6#entry134047

Post #113 - A bunch of ConeKilrAutoX's turbo build pics
http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/5453-quad-bi-xenon-retrofit-woot-woot/page-6#entry135379

Upvote 0

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Midnyteryder196 said:
Deleting and searching for forum got mine to work.. thanks darkrider!
No problem

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Jman423 said:
Were you doing this from Tapatalk or a web browser?
From chrome on my windows 7 laptop, also from chrome on my mobile, and in tapatalk it used to give option to upload as image or attachment, now only shows upload as attachment option. But still won't let me upload pics at all, using either of the 3 ways I mentioned.

Thanks Jman!

Upvote 0

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I don't see likes/like button on the mobile version (droid 4 standard browser).

I don't think I'm going to back to tapatalk. The mobile version is awesome.

Upvote 0

Trios

Mar 27, 2014
I believe I found an exploit, however, I also believe it has been fixed.....

:satan: :satan: :satan:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online