Compressor works but will not inflate air bags

nachop

Original poster
Feb 19, 2014
Although this post is related to another that I made, it is a slightly different topic. If this is considered double posting, I apologize and please remove it. I recently bought air bags from
Arnott. The installation was really easy, but the new bags are not inflating. The compressor was still inflating the older air bags prior to taking them off. Everything was working fine, with the exception that the original bags were leaking. What could have happened? I didn't disconnect any plugs/connections. I did pull the fuse for the compressor/air ride suspension. The compressor IS working. I turned it on manually. After I started the Envoy, I let it run for several minutes and the compressor never kicked on. Is there a reset procedure? I do have all jack stands and jacks removed. Should I have left it elevated? Thanks again for any replies.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
There are two sensors, one above each wheel. I think it may be possible for the arms on those sensors to disengage or foul some other way when your axle was hung way low, might be worth a look...Mike.
BTW did you find the leak points on the old bags? if not you could have been deflating via the compressor bleed valve and it could have been a bad comp. all along.

nachop

Original poster
Feb 19, 2014
Yes, I definitely confirmed that the air bags were leaking by spraying with soapy water. They are both dry rotted and the cracks are visible. Thanks for the tip about the sensors. I hit one with my elbow and was wondering what the hell it was. And you are correct, the axle was hung WAY low. I will check them first thing in the morning.

nachop

Original poster
Feb 19, 2014
Northcreek, thanks a bunch. It was one of the leveling sensors. Neither was disconnected, but I did remember hitting the one on the passenger side with my elbow and looking at it and wondering what the hell it was. The angle of the joint was pointing forward while the one on the driver's side was pointing backward. Not knowing if this was the cause, I raised the vehicle again, lowered the pumpkin and pointed the other sensor backward as well. All is now functional. Who would have thought.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Sweet!...glad all is well, Mike.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.