comments or concerns about rockauto

1987 mustang

Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
Does anyone have any input about buying parts from rockauto? I need a airump. The dealor wants $345 rockauto wants $156. I have always been shy about buying parts online. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

jonbo2002

Sep 27, 2012
1987 mustang said:
Does anyone have any input about buying parts from rockauto? I need a airump. The dealor wants $345 rockauto wants $156. I have always been shy about buying parts online. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

rockauto is great I have ordered a few parts from them. search the site there is probably a savings code somewhere on here

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
ordered a few times, only problem was me accidentally ordering 4 rear window wiper blades instead of windshield ones....

triz

Apr 22, 2013
Same here. Great prices and top notch customer service when I had to deal with them. Can't go wrong there.

hockeyman

Aug 26, 2012
I'm another happy RockAuto customer too. Been using them for years, and no problems since.

tmm217

Oct 18, 2012
Are you refering to the secondary air sytem pump? I just removed my system including the pump. If your interested in a used pump, if you must Id be willing to sell my pump. Its about 2 1/2 yrs old, replaced in Jan 2011. Let me know and shoot me an offer.

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
Rock Auto is excellent! I buy a lot of stuff from them. I just returned a set of rear struts for a '98 Lumina that we decided to sell. Aside from having to pay the return shipping, it was a no-hassle return.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
1987 mustang said:
I have always been shy about buying parts online.
An excellent attitude of caution to have. Asking for testimonials is another great tactic. I'll also chime in that RockAuto Rocks!

Ebay vendors can be hit or miss - ESPECIALLY if they're suspiciously cheap. Too many offshore vendors trying to disguise THEIR location, not just lie about the country of origin of the parts they sell.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Rock Auto FTW

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
I have easily ordered over $5000 in rock auto parts. The only drawback is their 30 day return policy, which has burned me a few times with customers who fail to return for the work. I have however, sold the parts as new on ebay and recouped almost all my money, since their prices are on the lower side. Im sure I was out some shipping costs here and there. They also understand they DO make mistakes, and have corrected EVERY ONE efficiently and without much effort on my part. I use a combination of Pepboys commercial, advanced commercial, napa commercial, and rockauto. I always price match. For premium or OEM parts I usually use rock auto, and have not been dissatisfied.

Charley12

Mar 23, 2013
I've ordered from there one time. There was a shipping problem so they sent me another one no questions asked. Got the part next day!!! Then 3 days later I finally got the first part!!! They didn't want it back so I sold it!! I'd refer them to anyone. They took care of my issue!

seanpooh

Jan 24, 2012
I've purchased everything and anything from RockAuto. They always have the best deals. I did have a leaky reman power steering pump and they gladly took it back. Those guys are great and appreciate your business.

MDBT

Jan 26, 2012
RockAuto is a reseller and they carry everything from AC Delco OEM to the same low end chinese parts you find at local B&M shops and other online parts dealers. The good news is Rock Auto is cheaper than most and has a good customer service and order fulfillment track record but you still need to pay attention to the actual parts you're buying.

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
MDBT said:
RockAuto is a reseller and they carry everything from AC Delco OEM to the same low end chinese parts you find at local B&M shops and other online parts dealers. The good news is Rock Auto is cheaper than most and has a good customer service and order fulfillment track record but you still need to pay attention to the actual parts you're buying.

I agree you HAVE to be sure of what you order from them because they do have some really poorly made items right next to like name brand stuff just just have caution when you click. That being said I use them almost exclusively, reason being where I live in wyoming it is just far easier to get what I need from them then drive two hours into town. Besides even after shipping rockauto is still almost always cheaper. I reccomend them highly.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I've used them a lot past two years, shipping parts to a UPS store near the border. You do have to watch the shipping as they ship out of multiple warehouses and that will incur extra shipping charges when ordering multiple parts. They do have a tool to help decide to order another brand of part that would ship from the same warehouse as another part. Sometimes it's still worth it for the lower prices.

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
my only complaint was the order for a window regulator which they sent the wrong part in the correct part number box. they accepted the return, but i was out the difference between what I had to pay UPS and what they paid for the original.

not much, but still sticks in my craw for their mistake.

if I had not sent photos, they would not have even taken the step of refunding part of the return shipping.

davenay67

Jan 16, 2012
RockAuto do indeed rock..!!

Another plus (for me) is that they are close (the next state over) so shipping is always quick.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online