code P0220

fredhouse

Original poster
Apr 17, 2012
Last week i replaced the Pedal Position Sensor when my engine reduced power light came on.A shop replaced it not me. now today light came on and had it read with a po220. I thought that's what they told me the code was last week for the pedal.Could it be another problem with the same code.thank you

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Run a search here and at trailvoy for "P0220" (Pee-Zero-two-twenty not "Po220") and you might find a bit of discussion. Basically, if the problems not in the accel pedal assy, it's in the wiring harness or connectors between it and the PCM.

BRomanJr

Dec 9, 2011
fredhouse said:
Last week i replaced the Pedal Position Sensor when my engine reduced power light came on.A shop replaced it not me. now today light came on and had it read with a po220. I thought that's what they told me the code was last week for the pedal.Could it be another problem with the same code.thank you

My 04 XUV had a rash of REP (reduced Engine Power) events a year or so ago. (also a V8 like yours).
The V8 of this vintage used a separate computer for Throttle Control (I6 throttle control was incorporated into the PCM)

I would have to clear code first every week or so then every day and finally almost every start.

I cleaned connections at throttle Body and pedal a couple times with no improvement.

Finally found the Throttle Control Module (on firewall next to brake booster), it has two connectors.
I unplugged and replugged connectors a couple times then put dielectric grease on each pin and reconnected, no problem since.

Hope this helps and solves your issue.

fredhouse

Original poster
Apr 17, 2012
They are telling me i need a new throttle body but there is a 50/50 shot that its just the throttle position sensor which Chevy does not sell separately but can get aftermarket .I'm not sure what to do,chase a fix or just suck it up and replace throttle body.

BRomanJr

Dec 9, 2011
fredhouse said:
They are telling me i need a new throttle body but there is a 50/50 shot that its just the throttle position sensor which Chevy does not sell separately but can get aftermarket .I'm not sure what to do,chase a fix or just suck it up and replace throttle body.

Have you checked and cleaned the connections at the Throttle Controller?

Codes usually only tell you the problem circuit, you have to follow a troubleshooting chart that will lead to the fix which can either be a component or a wire/connection.

fredhouse

Original poster
Apr 17, 2012
Im not sure what changed the only code they told me they had was p0220 .They told me they followed a troubleshooting chart and all the wiring is fine and the problem is in the Throttle Position Sensor which is part of the Throttle Body so that must be changed.I took the truck and will change it myself for half the price.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online